Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Copying a ci causes duplication issues

Jump to solution

Hi,

We're having some trouble duplicating CI's because the logical.name throws a duplication error. I've checked the DO for am.display.joinfile save/add and DS for am.newdevice for where this may be set...

When we click duplicate configuration item, the logical name is null. After clicking save, the logical.name gets populated by the previous CI's value again, causing the duplicate error. Any suggestions where I could find the values (logicalname) being brought over on the Save (add) button when saving a new (copied) CI record?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Copying a ci causes duplication issues

Jump to solution

I am not having the problem with officeelectronics CI types either. For example, if I choose adv-afr-copier-fin and duplicate it, the new logical name is generated as expected. Please attach an unload of one of your problematic CIs so we can test it. If you can't do this, please run a trace of the issue using RTM:3 and debugdbquery:999, and attach it to the thread. If you can't attach it, please open a support case.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I am not able to reproduce this problem in an out of box SM9.41 system. After clicking Duplicate Configuration Item on an existing CI, a new CI Identifier (logical.name) is populated automatically. However, the Display Name remains the same, and if I click save, the following error is displayed: Duplicate display name in current CI type.

Is this the error you're talking about? If not, please provide your detailed steps to reproduce the error, as well as the version of SM being used.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

I am using 941 as well. This happens with the officeelectronics type. Steps:

1. Select CI (officeelectronics)

2. Duplicate configuration item

3. Now the screen shows the same CI, but logical.name is empty (as expected)

4. Fill out the fields (asset tag/name are now different)

5. Click save

6. Logical name is populated with the same value as the copied CI and duplicate key error occurs

If this cannot be reproduced on your system, would you know where I can go to see how that "save" function brings over the values? What is the function it should be calling to generate the sequential numbers? As mentioned, I have checked the DO but I am just trying to find where else this could be.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

As an update... I'm unable to reproduce with other device types (for instance Display Device) - the sequential numbers are generating as they should. Also, the logical.name keeps populating with the same value each time even if I try it on another officeeletronic CI, as if it's a static value.

Are there any options related to the officeeelectronics type I can look at? or any variables such as if ($am.action="clone" and $clone.flag=true) being set per device type I can look into?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I am not having the problem with officeelectronics CI types either. For example, if I choose adv-afr-copier-fin and duplicate it, the new logical name is generated as expected. Please attach an unload of one of your problematic CIs so we can test it. If you can't do this, please run a trace of the issue using RTM:3 and debugdbquery:999, and attach it to the thread. If you can't attach it, please open a support case.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.