Highlighted
Visitor.

Create New Incident (complaint, incident, request for admin, request for info)

Jump to solution

Hello experts,

SM version: 9.40

Is it possible to remove the selection when you open a new incident: when you click on "Create New Incident" there is a possibility to select complaint, incident, request for administration and request for information...

How can be achievent a direct opening of an Incident without going through that option?

Thank you in advance.

BR,
FG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Create New Incident (complaint, incident, request for admin, request for info)

Jump to solution

I am not sure about translating.

But you can create new ones and hide the old ones and also, if you ever only want to use incident and hide all the other categories except incident, then I think when users click on Create New Interaction, it will skip that initial screen and take then straight to the interaction screen, with category = incident.  I am fairly certain that will work (we wanted all of the categories and that's the part you don't really want to mess with).

Go to Service Desk > Configuration > Interaction Categories and search.  set to active or not active.  Only the active ones will show.  iYou can't rename them but you could hide the ones there and create new ones with the names you want.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Create New Incident (complaint, incident, request for admin, request for info)

Jump to solution

Is that the HPSM PD version you are taking about?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hello @Sanzz,

If you mean Process Designer, then yes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Guys, any clues ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I asked a similar question and the response I got was it's not a good idea if it can be done at all.

I went back to the people on my side asking for this and told them no.

http://community.hpe.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/Interaction-Category-Selection/m-p/6884925#M133495

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

@fcbcd, thank you for the input. I will probably do the same and tell them that its not a good idea.

Btw, do you know where i can at least translate those four options ?

BR,
FG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

I am not sure about translating.

But you can create new ones and hide the old ones and also, if you ever only want to use incident and hide all the other categories except incident, then I think when users click on Create New Interaction, it will skip that initial screen and take then straight to the interaction screen, with category = incident.  I am fairly certain that will work (we wanted all of the categories and that's the part you don't really want to mess with).

Go to Service Desk > Configuration > Interaction Categories and search.  set to active or not active.  Only the active ones will show.  iYou can't rename them but you could hide the ones there and create new ones with the names you want.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thank you @fcbcd. It worked as you said! The path for the incidents is in IM module though.
Solution accepted.
Live long and prosper _\\//

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.