Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

Create Report using Contacts and Operator table

Hi all,

I want to create a report/view in SM Reporting.

This report will pull source from Contacts and Operator.

For example, I want a report to show Full Name, Operator ID, Dept, User Role, Man Lockout User.

Most of the information I need is in Operator table - except Department name.

So If I build a report from Operator table, how i can 'link' to the Contacts table to extract the Dept of the user?

Amy K
0 Likes
1 Reply
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hi Amy,

From my under, your attempting to create an operator table view or chart to display data from operator table, contacts table, and dept table. You should be able to pull the data from other tables by making sure you have the desired field mapping setup within the table "relatedObjectMap". You can check the current available mappings within table "relatedObjectMap" by searching Source Table "operator" and To Table "contacts". If needed, you can create a new mapping for your desired result. Within your view or chart fields, you should be able to select  "Contact Name", which would give you a multiselection option to select a field from the contact table. If you select Dept from contact table, you will have another option to drill into a field into the Department table. Selecting a field on a view or chart would look similar to below selections.

View Fields.png

Joe

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.