Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create a history line by Sd_dataform.bat

Jump to solution
Hi there,

I want to create an history line by a button on a service call form. Some field of the history line are automatically filled in by a smart action. This smart action uses the application SD_dataform.bat. This worked, however when pressing on the 'ok' button of the history form i get the following message:
"For history line service call the following fields are required: service call."

I think the message indicates there have to be a relation between the history line and the corresponding service call. I tried many things but it didn't work.

Is it possible to create and 'save' history lines by SD_Dataform.bat ?

The parameters of the smart action are:
"History Line Service Call" +"Information=[Statusverzoek]" +"Subject=[Statusverzoek onderwerp]" +"Spenttime=0.003" -ForceNew

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Create a history line by Sd_dataform.bat

Jump to solution
Try adding + "Service Call.ID=[ID]" to command line arguments and check what happens.

IIRC I have tried something like that sometime ago but it didn't work.
menes fhtagn

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Try adding + "Service Call.ID=[ID]" to command line arguments and check what happens.

IIRC I have tried something like that sometime ago but it didn't work.
menes fhtagn

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Eddy,

For one thing, you are not telling the History Line which Service Call it belongs to, which is why you get the error message.

Then there's the limitation: You cannot really specify which Service Call the History Line belongs to because the History Line is not tied to the Service Call through its functional ID but through its OID.

Still, if you try to use Service Call.OID or even Service Call.ID as a parameter to pass through sd_dataform, there is no error reported but the History Line is not saved anyway.

So, I guess your tests and mine confirm that you cannot save History Lines through sd_dataform. Maybe there is a clever way to do it but the answer has eluded us.

Hope this info helps.
Points are welcome!

The Pike
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
The following forum item talks about using sdevent to add history lines but I've not tried it:
http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=403572
To avoid any issue with concurrent updating, you might need to set up the history item in a text field then execute the sdevent via a DB rule when the call is saved, rather than via a UI rule while still open...you'd have to test that out.

The other crude (but easy) way is to generate an email back to HPSD using the inbound email Insert History Line command in the subject line - we use that to add history lines x hours before deadline just after we send an automated escalation email..but I don't think it's a good solution for you.

Good luck.........Ken.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi George/The Pike,

I've changed my smart action. The parameters are:
"History Line Service Call" +"Information=[Statusverzoek]" +"Subject=[Statusverzoek onderwerp]" +"Spenttime=0.003" +"Service Call.ID=[ID]" -ForceNew

When pressing on the 'ok' button the history form disappeared! 🙂 Unfortunately the history line was not saved. I now know it's not possible to save/add history lines by SD_dataform.

Ken, using the sd_event solution is a good tip but not useful for us.

Thanks for the answers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.