Trusted Contributor.. TuanHoang Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Create a job to auto classify interactions (change priority base on contact, location, etc...)

Hi all

My system auto convert all email to support@mail.com to interactions in SM.

I'm trying to create a job to auto classify interactions (change priority base on contact, location, etc...), to reduces time of the interaction's first-touch.

Could you suggesst me some solutions to do this. I've surfed all the community but dont have the answer?

Maybe using trigger, or schedule, or anything else?

Thanks for your supports. I'm using HPSM 9.30

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Create a job to auto classify interactions (change priority base on contact, location, etc...)

I wouldn't do it as a scheduler; I'd do it as the ticket gets created.

What are you using to turn the email into a ticket?  Are you processing a ConnectIt job?  Are you using Smart Email?  Are you using a custom script of some sort?

One option is to build your code there, as the ticket gets created.  Perhaps you modify the extaccess record and call custom javascript to read values in the inbound ticket and manipulate the ticket data there.  Or modify the formatctrl record on Add to set the values you're looking for.

There's not a 'one size fits all' built-in configuration for this, but it wouldn't be difficult to build something specific to suit your needs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. TuanHoang Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Create a job to auto classify interactions (change priority base on contact, location, etc...)

Thank jacob.

i'm using Connect-IT to convert all email to interactions.

I'll try using some scripts in ConnectIt . Could SmartEmail do that?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

If you're using ConnectIt, then you're probably using Web Services - making a call from ConnectIt to an extaccess record in HPSM.

Are you familiar with modifying extaccess records and using javascript in the Script Library?

If so, you can make a javascript to take your inbound data, do whatever logic you want to it, and then set whatever values you want.  

For example, let's say you want to set the priority of the ticket based on the 'critical.user' flag in the contact record for the contact.  You could set up a script like the following, named 'customPriorityMapping'

function contactPriority(contactName){
    var contact = new SCFile("contact")
    var getContact = contact.doSelect("contact.name=\""+contactName+"\"")
    if (getContact == RC_SUCCES){
        if (contact.critical_user != null && contact.critical_user == true){
            return true
        }
    }
    return false
}

Then, in your extaccess record you could have-
if (jscall("customPriorityMapping.contactPriority", contact.name in $L.file)=true) then (priority.code in $L.file=1)

That's just a really rough example, but it demonstrates the general idea, and it's not hard to do.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.