Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Create change from Menu (specific category)

Hey Experts, I need your help please. SM 9.52 We have created a new category in Change Management Module called Release Mgt. We want a menu option "Create New Release" that directly will access the Release Mgt category & open the Release form. Usually we have "Create New Change" that whenever we click on it, it will display all the "Active" change categories & then we select the category that we want. Is that possible?, if yes could you please help me? Please let me know. Thanks
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Create change from Menu (specific category)

hello,

What you request is a tailoring, this article of the help server can give you an idea how to add a new menu item:

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/tailor/display_functions/concepts/example_adding_a_url_link_to_a_menu.htm?Highlight=menu

You can find the menu item of the Change Management and copy the logic to you new menu item, i should not be difficult

Hope it helps

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Create change from Menu (specific category)

Yes it's possible; take a look at the following topic and reach out if you need more assistance.
https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/Wizard-that-Creates-the-Change-Record/m-p/974184
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.