Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Create revision in background

Hi,

is there ootb a way to create a revision without user input. I'm using "sc.revision.create", but I couldn't find a way to skip the userinput and set the comment to a defaultvalue like "Automatic revision".

Is there any other application that might do that for me or do I have to develop this functionality by myself.

Thanks in advance,

MJ

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Create revision in background

You can use development auditing, it has an option to create a backup copy of objects when they are modified (Do not enable devaudit on a production system). 

Access Tailoring > Audit. There are actually two distinct audit utilities (devaudit and field auditing), but they are all mixed together in the same menu. I usually separate them as shown:

Select Turn Auditing On/Off

Enable auditing, then logout and back in for the change to be active. More information is in the SM online help.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Create revision in background

Hello John,

thanks for your reply but Audit is in this case not suitable.

We use the revision-functionality for backuping a certain status of a knowledge document which contains a bunch of rich text information. If I created a revision of a knowledge document I can always jump back to the desired status.

Everything works fine at this point. But if I create an automatic revision when a document is published it shows an additional form. I want to supress this form and create the revision without user interaction.

Best regards,

MJ

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.