Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Creating Production Patch for 9.34 ERROR

Hi All,

First off, sorry if i have asked this before, many of my forum topics are missing,

TO my question.

I upgraded the application to 9.34 (server, client, tomkat and SRC are all upgraded as well)

I reconciled all items i needed too.

I am trying to follow the directions and create a prod patch but i am getting this error.  I have done this before and didn't get these error but i am not sure what to do now.

Unrecoverable error in application: wizard.run on panel call.init.process
Unrecoverable error in application: se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrecoverable error in application: sm.patchrel.build.process on panel init.sigs

Any help?

Jason

0 Likes
12 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Some questions:

- please state which is the version you started with? SM9.30?

- do you run the SM client from the server or from your desktop? 

- what is the name of the patch guide you're following?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

1.  933 --> 9.34

2.  I am running the client from my desktop

3.  hp_man_SM9.34_ApplicationPatchMgr_pdf

I already performed this upgrade and made a production patch once without any issues that i remember.  BUt now that i am trying to do it again, its not working.

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

OK, my advice is that log into server (where SM.exe runs) and run the client from there. Also, copy the your customized patch to the same server (let's say C:\TEMP). Start the patching process from that server. Try these tips first. Also, remember to tick of that "Client side load/unload" from client preferences.

Your problem sounds like an environment issue (client or something else), not a problem with a patch itself, I believe.

I'm today patching 9.31 --> 9.34 and it took only 8-10 minutes to do the actual patching. No problems so far. The patching process is getting better and better...

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I can get the server upgraded, which does take quite a while from my cient.

Where i get the error is when i try and create the production patch.  I had it work once a few weeks ago but now i cannot get it to work at all which is frustrating.

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hmmm...I suppose I wasn't clear enough. What I meant was;

1) log into server which runs SM.exe

2) install to server SM client

3) log into you client you installed on that server (admin rights) and run the patch utility

And like I said, put the custom upgrade files to the very same server, not to a network drive.

Also in my experience, running the upgrade process over VPN connection resulted to a failed upgrade. So these little system environment things do matter.

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you followed below steps,

1) Using the standard method for your operating system, create the production patch directory.
2) Copy the file patchrel.txt from the app_patchrel\SM9.30-9.34.0032 directory where you
unzipped the out-of-box patch release to the production patch directory.
3) Enter the fully qualified path and file name to patchrel.txt in the production patch directory.
This path must point to a location that the server can access.

If issue still comes then what is the error you are getting, some on screen messages or sm.log excerpt will help to debug this issue.

Have you executed *aapm.upgrade.purge, in this case patch build will not work.

It seems SM is not able to initialize the file 'signatures' which is mandatory to build patch and must have records as well. Check if this file exists in system.

regards,

Absent Member..

I did follow the instruction in the Application Upgrade guide.

I created a new production patch location and copied patchrel.txt into it.

I then go to the Create Patch and enter the fully qualified path

Then i hit next

Then i hit next again and it IMMEDIATELY fails and gives me the errors listed above.

I don't know where to look for "signatures" you suggested looking for.

I am attaching the trace i just ran using sm -httpPort:12345 -RTM:3 -debugdbquery:999 -sqldebug:1 -log:trace.txt

here is my system infor before the upgrade just to let you know

ServiceManager server OS version: 9.33.0035 Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.6 (kernel: 2.6.18-238.1.1.0.1.el5xen)
ServiceManager RTE server version: 9.33.0035
ServiceManager App server (RAD) version: 9.33.0035
ServiceManager database (RDBMS): Oracle 11g (11.2.0.3)
RDBMS OS: HP UX Itanium 11.31 (64 bit)
ServiceManager client OS version: Version: 9.33.0035 Build Timestamp: 20120907-1543
RTE ServiceManager client version: 9.32.0016
Web Service Server: Apache Tomcat 7.0.30
Web Broswer Version: 8.0.7601.17514

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Type db in command line and search for table 'signatures', search form will open and do click on search button without any field value, these must be thousands of records at least.

And also check if ‘signatures’ table is there and have valid property in using dbdict utility.

Have you executed *aapm.upgrade.purge? in this case patch build will not work.

From log file it is also visible that sm is not able to initialize the table/dbdict ‘signatures’.

Regards,

Absent Member..

I did perform the *aapm.

Also, looks like i don't have a signatures table.  I have a signaturemake tables but thats it.

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

that is the reason...you are not supposed to execute  *aapm.purge* on instance where you are going to build the custom patch. This will remove all objects used to hold temporary upgrade data which actually tells SM which object to be include in the SM upgrade patch.

You should execute this *aapm.purge (option remove all object, need to start all over) after apply patch on UATor prod servers.

Must restore SM db, taken before build of patch on other sever or execution of this utility, if exists.

regards,

Absent Member..

Hey J_T,

I have exactly the same issue; migrated from 9.30 + PDCP9.30.1 to 9.34.0032: trying to create an application patch which fails. I don't have a signatures table/dbdict record either. I only have a singaturemake table/dbdict.

What have you done to solve this issue?

Thx for sharing,

Karel

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.