Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Creating Service Catalog Interaction through web service

Hi Experts,

I need to integrate HPSM with HR System through Web Service to be able to created a service catalog bundle for new employee to a new employee. 

Is that applicable and if yes i need to know how to go through this task? 

Appreciate your support

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Creating Service Catalog Interaction through web service

Hi Mohamed,

Yes it's applicable and feasible.

1: You need to configure your Service Catalog Item appropiatelly. The demo data comes with a lot of good examples. Before go to the step 2 make sure its working using regular user interface.

2: You can use the OOB Service Catalog Interface (ServiceCatalogAPI) to create the request, it requires 3 requests: create the cart, add the Item to the cart and submit the cart. 

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Dear BrenoApreu,

i think your solution apply if we have the services in cart type but if we have non cart services is this solution apply? 

Also, under the ServiceCatalogAPI i found more that configured web service which one i'll use to configure the feature?

Appreciate your feedback

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The solution also applies for your case, the structure is the same.. the only difference when the item is Non-Cart is that you will not be able (at least you should not, I never tried using WS) to add more than one Catalog Item in the same cart.

The operations you should use are: CreateCartRequest, AddItemToCartViaOrderRequest and CreateSubmitCartRequest.
There is no mystery to fill them.. you may want to use get operations to see the fields filled and their WS format or you can take a look directly at the tables svcCart and svcCartItem.
If you are using the user selections (dynamic fields) for this catalog it's a must, considering the data is saved in an XML format.

I advise you to use SOAP UI to create a project by importing the WSDL and then test the functions.

----

The solution above keeps you closer to the OOB. You could also create directly the request or you could even create a totally custom function and expose it as an operation. The function would have the responsibility to do all the work...the limit would be your imagination.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

is there any rest api available for to create service catalog interaction to order catalog item in it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.