Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
ball23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creating a new module in sm 9.2

I was wondering if anyone has created a new module in sm 9.2. This would be available in the queue and would work something like change or incidents. They want the module to create scheduling records. Does anyone have any info on how to do this?
0 Likes
7 Replies
ball23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Creating a new module in sm 9.2

I am trying to follow the steps in Mike Sanders SM 7 book, but recieve the following errors when pressing ok for adding the new record.

Process panel start in RAD se.base.method encountered error in line 19 (se.base.method,start)
Cannot evaluate expression (se.base.method,start)
Cannot evaluate (not same(name in $L.master.fc, name in $L.fc)) (se.base.method,start)
Bad arg(2) oper and (se.base.method,start)
Bad arg(1) oper not (se.base.method,start)
Bad arg(2) oper same (se.base.method,start)
Unrecoverable error in application: se.call.process on panel call.rad.1
Unrecoverable error in application: se.base.method on panel start
0 Likes
Absent Member.. wriegels Absent Member..
Absent Member..

hi, ball23
I was fighting today with the typing errors in this book too (but nevertheless, it is a fine and useful book).

in this case I found the error by debugging and checking the rad application se.base. method.

It checks, whether there exist formatctrl and / or master formatctrl.
On page 285 in describing process ndpmodule.update and RAD Application se.base.method replace the 5th parameter (record):
wrong: $L.rc
ok: $L.fc

Regards
Wilfried
0 Likes
ball23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, I noticed that also and have changed that but still still have received the error. Has adding the new module worked without errors for you.
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.. Abhishek Srivas Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Hi ball23,

It would be very very kind of you if u mail me the Book by Mike Sanders for SM7,
My email id is abhi9845@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Abhishek
0 Likes
Absent Member.. VVV_3 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

there is official doc from HP - "Document Engine Guide" (hp_man_SM9.2_DocEngine_pdf.pdf)

Chapter 7 contains complete guide how to implement new objects in SM - WorkOrders.
We've done it successfully and use WorkOrders in Incidents and in Interactions.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. tomkool007 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hi  Bala,

Could you also send me the copy of the book Thomraj@gmail.com.

Regards,

Tom

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Mouad_1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

On page 284, you also need to change

$L.fc.master

to

$L.master.fc

in the Initial expression of the ndpmodule.update process.

That's what the se.base.method RAD App is looking for in its start panel (line 21)

Regards,

Mouad

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.