Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Creating a ticket on planned start date of cm3r record

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to create a ticket using JS only once the "planned start date" is today on a cm3r record? What is the best approach (alerts, scheduled action ruleset, fc calc, etc) with minimal impact in regards to alerts stacking up in the system? This should happen automatically (not depending on updates or workflow phase changes) so im assuming some timer would need to be involved.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Creating a ticket on planned start date of cm3r record

Jump to solution

Schedule Maintenance is handled by a background process that runs every minute or so.  It wakes up and looks to see what schedule tasks need to be completed.  You could create a task that calls a javascript..  In that, you could have it query the cm3r records for your trigger condition.  For each one it finds, it could create a ticket. Something like that....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

What do you mean by "with minimal impact in regards to alerts stacking up in the system"?

My suggestion would be to use the Scheduled Maintenance module.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

I guess the scheduler/processes generated by creating timers for each cm3r record in the system. Not sure if that would potentially be an issue. I need a trigger when (today is the "planned start date" + other conditions) in an RFC record. Scheduled maitenance is based on a defined schedule my understanding, but please let me know if I am missing something or if there's a different way of using it. We're only using them to create incidents right now but perhaps I can run a daily one to  query cm3r record fields if thats feasible?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Schedule Maintenance is handled by a background process that runs every minute or so.  It wakes up and looks to see what schedule tasks need to be completed.  You could create a task that calls a javascript..  In that, you could have it query the cm3r records for your trigger condition.  For each one it finds, it could create a ticket. Something like that....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.