Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Creation of MAPI Profile to create incidents via email with scauto

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure creation of incidents through email, but am not able to finish the configuration. Could somebody help me create a MAPI Profile

Following is the log:

01/06/2010 01:32:02 pid (19968)(18812) SCAuto Mail Version 4.0.2.1
01/06/2010 01:32:02 pid (19968)(18812) MAPI error in function Open:MAPIInitialize - E_FAIL
01/06/2010 01:32:02 pid (19968)(18812) result code: 80004005, error code: 16389
01/06/2010 01:32:02 pid (19968)(18812) Could not login to profile.
01/06/2010 01:32:02 pid (19968)(18812) Terminated.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Experts,

Could somebody tell me what are the pre requisites to create a MAPI profile. I do not have Outlook client installed on my server.

Following are the settings i have on my scmapi.ini file

events:1
usemaps:1
event_map_dir:EventMap
server:localhost.12690
profile:falcon
log:scmapi.log

With these settings done i get the error mentioned in the begining post.

Could somebody please help me implement this?

Regards
Praveen
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

Did you ever resolve this?  I am currently having the same issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi there,

As far as i know you need to create account with falcon as username in outlook and use that.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

In fact it is not must to be named falcon. It just must be the same in ini file and outlook

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Goto control panel->Click on mail icon->Click on show profiles->Click on add button->Give profile a name->Click on Add a new email account->Next button->Click on MS exchange server->Next button->Give DNS name of MS exchange server->In user name give your email id->Click on check name button->Click on next- and complete it

Now edit your scmapi.ini file and give the profile name and check.

From my experience I had seen when you start SM server service using local system account, scmapi would not connect to MAPI profile because local system account does not have rights to connect to Exchange server. In that case start SM server service using local admin or domain admin user

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.