Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Crystal Reports installation

I heard you can install crystal reports for Service Manager is this true?  We have 9.21 and used Crystal Reports with Peregrine before HP bought them out.  We would like to use it with SM if it's possible.  Unless there is a better reporting tool in SM that im not aware of?

Thanks for any info on it!

Jon

0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

Yes you can install and use Crystal reports with HP Service Manager.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

do i run it seperatly ?  or is there a addon/patch where i can run crystal reports through SM ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

This is separate installation (Crystal reports) and you do connect to HP SM through ODBC configuration. There should be installatio and configuration guides in Internet.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Unable to install Crystal Reports -

.bat File run successfully but still Sap is not installing on the server.

Please suggest something

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi @Aarushi Jain 

I am facing the same issue while installing crystal reports for SM.

When i run the batch file, it gives me message as base installation completed but the batch file isn't able to launch the setup.exe for the crystal reports in my case.

I need your help, Could you please tell me how you had overcome this issue ? 

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Girish Gandhi,

Please install Crystal Report from HPSM 9.5 Version and while running bat file use add as administrator then install.

Hope this will helpful.

Please share the output.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi @Aarushi Jain 

We are having HPSM 9.60 installed in our environment, I am trying to install Crystal Reports from HPSM9.60 installation package and i tried running the bat file as an administrator but it didn't worked

clipboard_image_0.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hello Girish Gandhi,

As I suggest earlier copy Crystal Report file from HPSM 9.5 version then install and it is compatible with HPSM 9.6 Version too.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

This Crystal report w/ SM ODBC might have been a good solution for 15 years ago....
if you are starting something now just go for any external free Reporting tool with direct access to DB that will be way better. I'd prefer even to use Excel instead of the Crystal Report on this way we were doing 15 years ago.
Newer versions (from 9.4 I think) have reporting capabilities inside.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Excel can take only one table from DB at once, better use SSRS. 🙂 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.