akcha76
Visitor.

Custom table not appearing in ExtAccess list

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to expose the custom table as a web service. I have created the custom table using dbdict, as I know if I haven't created any Object record then default object record will be used by the custom table. 

Still I couldn't see the  custom table in the name list of External Access Definition record.

Kindly suggest if I'm missing any step.

Thanks,

Akhilesh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Custom table not appearing in ExtAccess list

Jump to solution

Akhilesh,

The tables listed in the Names drop down list is constructed from the Globallist "files"  ( $G.files ).

Make sure the lister shcheduler is running so that it can rebuild the globallist with your new custom table.

Steve Hirschfeld

HPE Support

3 Replies
Jhonny_C_SM Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Greetings.

I have attached a document which explains how to publish a table as a web service, please review in case you are missing some step. Also it is mentioned that the long combination of service name and object name is unique, so I think that the object record must be defined.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Akhilesh,

The tables listed in the Names drop down list is constructed from the Globallist "files"  ( $G.files ).

Make sure the lister shcheduler is running so that it can rebuild the globallist with your new custom table.

Steve Hirschfeld

HPE Support

akcha76
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Steve, It really works !! Appreciate your prompt response. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.