Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
headstrong Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Customization in SRC

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Plz let me know if its possible to modify or customize the forms present in SRC portal.

Is it possible to ask the user to provide feedback like ess.do portal.

Regards,

headstrong

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Ivis Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Customization in SRC

Jump to solution

You can add more fields using the SRC Tailoring under HPSM Tailoring.

All this can be located in the SRC tailoring document.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

You can add more fields using the SRC Tailoring under HPSM Tailoring.

All this can be located in the SRC tailoring document.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Shahboub Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Dears

i am sorry but how can i access SRC  which URL

if we have

http://IP:8080/smweb/index.do

and ESS.do

http://IP:8080/smweb/ess.do

Thanks,
Mohamed Shahboub

ITSM Consultant
0 Likes
Absent Member.. JonathanGarcia Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The SRC customization is very limited, you can do that at System Navigator > Tailoring > Tailoring SRC, you can use the guide Ivis uploaded

To log in at SRC you can type IP:Port/src folder/secure/main.jsp in my case is IP:8888/src/secure/main.jsp

index.do and ess.do is for log in to Service Manager

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Ivis and Jonathan for your reply,

Just one more quick question. Is it possible to have create different forms and can we create a feedback form and new buttons for enabling ess.do portal like functionality.

Regards,

headstrong

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi - as allready said - SRC customizing is very limited.

HP 9.40 comes with a new and improved Survey possibility which I suggest is of better usage on feedback etc. Here you can set up email surveys to end users when issues has been solved etc. I think that is an much better option than using SRC for something it was not designed for.

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ivis,

Thanks for the reply.....

I completely agree with you but the issue here is, customer is having HPSM 9.34 and we cannot upgrade. Also, they want this functionality in SRC if its feasible. Can we consider that its not feasible in SRC?

Regards,

headstrong

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi.

In this world it is hard to say what is feasble or not. From my point of view I would rather have tried to create some sort of survey link (selfmade), automated email trigger on close to request feedback. Depends on what the feedback is for- is at feedback on case handling or something else.

I believe the workload to add this to SRC is way to much for the end result. But you have to decide on this. I know others have modified SRC to do things that is far from OOB, but then again to much tailoring will be to your disadvantage on a later stage regarding upgrades etc.

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.