Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Customize table showing null value after saving.

Hello Team,

I have created customized table, When i am trying to save the ip address on the table. It's shows null value. 

Capture1.PNG

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I assume you have a form for this table?  Did you use the Forms Designer to create the table?  Does the input property of the IP address field on the form match the name of the field on the Database Dictionary record?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Steps:

I have created dbdict table ipaddress, after i have created form ipaddress.g. The value seems to be ok!!

Capturedd.PNG

When I am trying to save the form, Value doesn't get saved.

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is it just that one field or is it all fields?  What about managementip field...does that save a value?  Have you gone and looked at the database directly to verify that all fields actually exist on that table?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also, you said the dbdict table and form are ipaddress...but your screenshot shows gocinventory..  Your form should be called gocinventory.g.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

yes the table name is gocinventory and form is gocinventory.g. I am using the value for ipaddress field name as character. One more thing on the dbdict side. 

Capture122.PNG

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I noticed all your fields are type character....but the SQL Type for some of them is FLOAT.  That's the problem.  They should all be VARCHAR(255)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I have changed to varchar(255), Still same problem.

Captur.PNG

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Can you verify on the database if they all changed to VARCHAR(255)? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I have verified it change varchar(255)

Captur.PNG

Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

I noticed your field name changed from "serverip" to "server.ip".  did you also make that change on your form in the Input property?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I have been had the same problem.

The solution was change the type of form when I created the new table.

You need to use "Detail of Single Record"

Imágenes integradas 1

Hope ths works for you.

Regards.

Rodrigo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.