Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

DATABASE SCHEMA.....

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,
I am working on HPSM 7.01(IIA). Can anyone send me documentation of HPSM 7.o1 database schema. I want to know the relationship between tablesand a particular table holds which type of record etc...

Cheers,
Raunak
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: DATABASE SCHEMA.....

Jump to solution
I've attached the ERD for SM7. I believe this is based on a 7.11 build, but it should be essentially the same as 7.01 IAA.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Raunak,

i asked for this several times and never got a documentation of this. so as far as i know there is NO overall complete database scheme of the Service Center/Manager System.

in the online Help you find some Overviews and my advice is to use direct access to de database to understand the relations. (there are the possibilities to do a full text search for keys etc.)

sorry, but i wish i could give a better answer..

Regards
Vesp
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Look at links for each of the files your interested in. This will help you identify relationships.

Links can be found under Tailoring Tools in Tailoring area of the SM Admin view. You can also find this information listed with each table in System Definition area. It may be easier to look there because Key fields are listed with the file information as well. That is usually a pretty good indicator of which field relationships are most important to the schema.

I ran across this challenge a few years ago and had to reverse engineer the ServiceCenter/Asset Center schema to manage data for import into the environment.
"One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity there ain't nothing can beat teamwork."-- Mark Twain
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi Raunak,

You can get some info on Service Manager tables & fields by downloading SM Best Practices paper for SM 7.11 from HP product selfsolve manuals website. I know you are using SM7.01 but I think looking at this document might help you get an idea.

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

I hope this helps. Points are appreciated.

Regards,
P.D.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I've attached the ERD for SM7. I believe this is based on a 7.11 build, but it should be essentially the same as 7.01 IAA.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
For the previous: for each module/application, it shows the table links (to help understand reporting) but it is not a complete schema of the application data structure.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi guys !

Please, i need SQL script of HPSM 9.x database.

i'm working with business intelligence to generate diferent report of SLA and SLO.

Who of you guys can help  me ?

how can i extract those reports?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Any chance of getting a Visio version of the schemas?  How about a plottable version PDF?  Thanks in advance for your consideration.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

As mentiopned by John Stagman. However, these days, no more pdf, users can use the ERD utility to generate their own  ERD of the db plus any changes post out of the box.

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.52/Codeless/Content/tailor/relation_mangement/ERD_diagrams/concepts/ERD_diagrams.htm

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.