Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Dashboard reports

Hi Experts,
I have attached an image of a dashboard, in which some of the fields are shown in various red colours.
The attached report is a view "Open Incidents by Corporation" and which is a pivot table so we don't know from this colour is coming. If it is a normal view we can define the colour but here the view which we use for the report is a pivot table. So we don't have the option of giving colour in the view. Is it referring  any table in the backend.

Can anyone tell me why the red colour is showing.
Thanks in Advance..
Regards,
Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Dashboard reports

Can anyone give me a solution ?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hello,

On the top left of the table, you can have various selections from a drop-down menu. Instead of "Heatmap", select "Table" and the red color will disappear.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for your replay...

But I have to find out what is the reason for showing red color for "HeatMaps".

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

Hello again Sandhu,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you didn't want the red color to appear.

Unfortunately, I don't know where the red color is configured for the pivot tables and I don't know if it can be changed/modified.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks for your replay...

Please let me know when you get any information about this issue..

Regards,

Sandhu Mol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor..

I think I found the solution, my friend, although you're probably not going to like it...

In your web server, find C:\<Tomcat dir>\<webapp dir>\js\9.xx.xxxx\report\pivot\pivot.js

In this file, you will find the functions that are responsible for the heatmap generation and how the values are mapped to red shades. However, if you modify this js file, you will not see any changes in the Heatmap reports inside SM.

After some tests, I found out that C:\<Tomcat dir>\<webapp dir>\js\9.xx.xxxx\report-all.js is a minified js that includes pivot.js code. So, if you have pivot.js as a reference, you can modify the report-all.js to your liking, although it is very dangerous because of the minified nature, which makes it unreadable.

I made a very small change to the code, just to make sure that report-all.js is the correct file to modify and it worked. (see attachment with yellow color instead of red in a heatmap table)

If you want to put colors according to record-specific information, I don't see how it could be easily doable without some very serious development effort.

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The various shades of red of the heatmap is to help users distinguish which are the main problem area that they should focus on. So in your examples, the highest count is in the tier 1 & tier 2 call center where the corporation name has no value. Second highest count get a lighter shade which is tier 1 & tier 2 call center for corporation BMK. So the shades get lighter and ligher as the counts get smaller and smaller.

Here's a definition. A heat map is a two-dimensional representation of data in which values are represented by colors. A simple heat map provides an immediate visual summary of information. There can be many ways to display heat maps, but they all share one thing in common -- they use color to communicate relationships between data values that would be would be much harder to understand if presented numerically in a spreadsheet.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.