ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data upload and license failure problem.

Hi all,
I installed SM 9.20. It was working earlier but suddenly stopped connecting SM windows client. I reinstalled the SM 9.2 server and client for windows again. This time connection succeeds but data fails to upload and also a message shows that license verification failed. May i get a solution for this please help. And the message is like this ---->

Starting upload process....
Creating file 'dbdict'.
Inserts of dbdict record for dbdict file failed.

System load has failed. [00:00:00]

Application and sample data upload to the configured database failed.
Please check if the database is empty and the SQL user has rights to create tables,
check smconfig.log for additional detail.
Invoking shutipc...
Shutipc completed successfully.
License verification failed.

I am also attaching the smconfig.log file please help somebody to resolve this.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have your license file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hewlett-Packard\HPOVlic?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vagish,

I have no experience on Windows/MSSQL installations of SM, but in Linux/Oracle installations the database used by SM _must_ be empty when installing/reinstalling the software and (demo) data. Also when using the parameter -system_load this is the case.

With best regards,

-make
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I reinstalled the SM 9.20 again . This time data upload is a success. But the license failed again in the end. I am not getting the Hewlett Packard Folder in path C:\Program Files\Common Files.. and then no Hewlett Packard folder is there.
Now this time license is failed so again windows client while connecting again giving the same error javax.xml.SOAP error and i am not able to connect. Can anyone help ..?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Have you installed SM on 32 bit or 64 bit Windows?
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I haven't found it documented yet, but in 9.20, the LicFile.txt is located in the Service Manager Server RUN directory.

Be aware that the autopass license generated at install is only valid for 60 days and will not regenerate on the same machine if you install a second time. You need to request a license from HP to extend past 60 days.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Can anybody tell how can i request a license from HP to extend past 60 days as i have installed sm 9.2 for the second time.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have installed windows on 32 bit windows.
How can i get my license for 60 days passed as i am installing for the second time.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If your 60 days trial license expired, you should contact HP license support and ask them for a new license.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

how to get the trial license of sixty days for re-installation of sm 9.20 on the same machine.. where should i contact
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

you can request license from ur HP passport login.if u have HP passport login id u can request for same.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.