Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Database Field Value is NULL

Hello,

I have created a field in the probsummary dbdict, and did some calculations over it in the format control.

when I test the value of this field in the RAD Debugger, I get the desired value, however in the database the value of this field is null. So I am not able to extract reports for this field.

any idea why is that?

thanks in advanced,

Regards,

Mariam

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Database Field Value is NULL

check the dbdict and make sure that field is mapped to m1 and not to n1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Or check the sysmodtime to see if a SAVE has been performed. The rad debugger show value of the record but it does mean the record will get save to the db. Do save the probsummary record to be sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

You can check the database whether the new field existed in your table or not.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.