Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Database Manager new field added but not found in RDBMS database

Hi All,

New to SM.

For adding a new textbox in a form ,I updated the db record of the form.

added the new filed  in systemdefinition table. But after saving the same I could not find it in the backend RDBMS table.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance,

Albin  

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Database Manager new field added but not found in RDBMS database

Can you explain more detail.

1) In FD you added new field with name(input) .... ?

2) For table tablename in dbdict you added field name ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi @ALARMus ,

Yes ,  I added new field in FD and also added the field name in the dbdict table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

So can you show us (screenshots) properties for this field in FD and in DBDICT ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi,

as I understand you have created new field in dbdict then added the same field in FD. since you were unable to see the date getting stored against the new field, you went back to dbdict but you were unable to find?

1) how did you create new field, the word dbdict means SM. However, can you confirm on how it was created?  do you select "SM alter" or "DB Alter". 

2) check if the newly created field is available on DB, if yes then from dbdict select "import New Columns from SQL"

3)Please share us the snap shots of FD showing properties of the field and dbdict (fields and sqltable tab)

Regards,

Madhan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

After adding a custom field to a dbdict, you are asked if "SM Alters" or "User Alters". 

Click "SM Alters" to let SM create the field on the RDBMS side. 

Thank you for using the MicroFocus ServiceManager Support and News Forum. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.