Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Datamodevent table

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the datamodevent table and the process for updating the CI's attributes. Because I have to update some attributes, but they are at another table; and updating is done only on the device table.

My table is cmdbparts and may have more than one CI record. and their fields are logical.name, num.serie, num.part, eof, type and comments.

How can i do to update the attributes in my table cmdbparts?

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Datamodevent table

Jump to solution

Actually, datamod events run against the jointable for the corresponding device type (for example, joincomputer is the join of the device and computer tables for a server). The fields tracked are defined in Tailoring > Web Services > Discovery Event Manager and include fields from both device and the corresponding attribute table.

If the cmdbparts supports an additional device type, then a join table should exist after running the wizard to add the new device type. Create a DEM record mapped to the join table for device-cmdbparts.

If, however, the CMDB parts table is essentially an additional attribute table (so that a computer has data in device, computer, and cmdbparts), I am not aware of a way to make it work in DEM. You could try defining a DEM rule for just cmdbparts, but that may be too granular.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Actually, datamod events run against the jointable for the corresponding device type (for example, joincomputer is the join of the device and computer tables for a server). The fields tracked are defined in Tailoring > Web Services > Discovery Event Manager and include fields from both device and the corresponding attribute table.

If the cmdbparts supports an additional device type, then a join table should exist after running the wizard to add the new device type. Create a DEM record mapped to the join table for device-cmdbparts.

If, however, the CMDB parts table is essentially an additional attribute table (so that a computer has data in device, computer, and cmdbparts), I am not aware of a way to make it work in DEM. You could try defining a DEM rule for just cmdbparts, but that may be too granular.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for your answer .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

How to force to quit a wizard??

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need to force to quit a wizard after execute the actions ?

Thanks for u help!!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.