Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Daylight saving question (very easy points to earn?)

Jump to solution

G'day guys,

One simple question. Do I need to make any configuration changes to OVO in order to configure it to take the new hour/time (next Sunday is the daylight saving switch in Mexico)?

Cheers,
Alfonso

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hola Gabriel,
Here in Brazil we had problems with the daylight time. After the change , SD continued registred the calls with the old time. HP sent two hotfix to solve it. Im running SP11 in production but testing SP15 on lab with same problem. The hotfix is OK for both versions. Anyway I dont think that maybe the same case of you.
Regards,
RA

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello,

If the time is working for you currently, then I don't believe you have to reconfigure anything. It should take the current system time, which would mean that provided the server updates its own time correctly, you shouldn't have problems. Just make sure that the Time Zone is set correctly in the Admin Console under "System Panel"->"Regional Settings".

What service pack are you currently running? I do know there were a few time fixes between SP10 and SP13, but I'm not sure if any of them were directly dealing with the time zones. However, it might be worth a glance through the change notes though if you're below SP13.

Thanks,
Chris
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
We are using SD 4.5 SP14 , the regional settings take the daylight into acocunt
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hola Gabriel,
Here in Brazil we had problems with the daylight time. After the change , SD continued registred the calls with the old time. HP sent two hotfix to solve it. Im running SP11 in production but testing SP15 on lab with same problem. The hotfix is OK for both versions. Anyway I dont think that maybe the same case of you.
Regards,
RA

View solution in original post

Absent Member.
Absent Member.
One thing you will have to do is Regenerate the database views if you are using these database views for reporting. The Database views use a fixed offset when calculating the local time. So you have to regenerate just after each daylight saving switch so that the correct offset is used. Otherwise, the times in your reports will be out by 1 hour.
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
how a bout those easy points Alfonso??? Cheers,....Ken
My email is kenilian@bigpond.com.au
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There you go Ken.

Cheers,
Alfonso

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.