sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Dedicated Mobile Application for SM 9.6? should be available for both android and iphone users.

Jump to solution

Dear All,

Is there any Dedicated Mobile Application for SM 9.6, should be available for both android and iphone users?

This will help customers to actively use SM application on mopbile, currently only url are used to access sm on mobile using sm mobile deployed on apache, and its not user friendly & impacting business users to access approval and ticket update on mobile.

Let me know if any available?

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Dedicated Mobile Application for SM 9.6? should be available for both android and iphone users.

Jump to solution

Breno, Do u use FB using URL or FB app on ur mobile, i hope you got the answer.

Its more conveint to use an app on mobile device rather then a url to browse, also in market u will find majority of ITSM tools which offers dedicated app for users.

I am business user and need to approve/update request/change using mobile and will be more easy if there is a dedicated app to use.

I know now that there is no one available, but to state that its not required, i think u need to put ur self in user shoes and if u r not able to do so, then NP, i think i am adressing it to MF team now!

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Dedicated Mobile Application for SM 9.6? should be available for both android and iphone users.

Jump to solution
Are you use normal index.do?

Yes, it's the same versions for Android and Iphone.

To get it, just login into the software portal and download the latest mobility client version supported by your RTE and Application level.
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey Breno,

Thanks, i know that and use the same, my question is there any real mobile app available for ITSM?

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Ah ok.. no there is not.

Honestly speaking I'm not using the mobile applicatoin on a daily basis but already tested it and seems ok to me.  What kind of issue you are facing?

From what I see we are moving from installed mobile application to web mobile applicatoin... like we did for PCs years ago. Don't see any reason to develop a native application for something like SM now...

Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Breno, Do u use FB using URL or FB app on ur mobile, i hope you got the answer.

Its more conveint to use an app on mobile device rather then a url to browse, also in market u will find majority of ITSM tools which offers dedicated app for users.

I am business user and need to approve/update request/change using mobile and will be more easy if there is a dedicated app to use.

I know now that there is no one available, but to state that its not required, i think u need to put ur self in user shoes and if u r not able to do so, then NP, i think i am adressing it to MF team now!

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

There is no dedicated mobile app available for SM, i am rainsing an ER, hope to see a resolution from MF team.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Sanjay, 

Your desire is sincere and honest, I never said it's not.

About Facebook, I personally don't use the app, I access it from Safari and it works just fine for my requirements 🙂 

Anyway, I wish you luck your ER; you should post the link here, so other users can vote on it. 

Regards,
Breno Abreu

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks Breno

Dear All,

Below is the link for ER, requesting all to vote to enable MF team to prepare dedicated Mobile App for SM.

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/SMA-Idea-Exchange/Dedicated-Mobile-Application-for-SM-9-6/idi-p/1663134

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.