Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
presidioam Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Default Template in Task Categories does not work - SM 7.11

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have an issue in the Default Template section in the Task Category of SM 7.11.

If I add a template in this section, to make new tasks with this specific Task Category auto-comipile with data from this Template, SM simply igore this.

However, if I click on Apply Template  in the open new task page, it seems to work correctly.

I just verified if the same issue occurs with Changes and it all works fine.

Have you any idea on how to fix this? How can I apply a default template to this Task Category?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Default Template in Task Categories does not work - SM 7.11

Jump to solution

Hello,

It seems that the data length of the default.template was setted in teh dbdict into VARCHAR(30 bytes) and it was too small to contain the value.

Setted it to an higher value and all works fine now.

Thanks for the support,

Luca

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have followed the next steps and it works as expected:

Note: I created a new templated and I assigned it to the hardware cm3t category

1- Open a new change

2- Go to the Change Implementation phase

3- Open new task (type: hardware)

4- The new task record is displayed with the values from the template

Could you tell me your exact steps to replicate the issue reported.

Please let me know your version of 7.11 RTE and APP.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello and thanks for your answer.

Before having this issue, I had another problem related to the Default Template  field.

I were not able to search for a template because an error like "No link found [...]" did appear every time the button FILL was pressed.

I "fixed" (or I think so) creating a new link, copying the link for the default.template in the view cm3rcategory  and changing the $query  value to cm3t.

Is this involved in the issue in some way? Maybe i forgot to do something?

Anyway If I try to apply a tempalte manually, with the Apply Tempalte button (as I wrote before in my post) it all works perfectly.

Another thing (maybe involved, maybe not): I have some calculation on the fc to auto-compule the assign.dept field il the Change Task open view. Is that involved in this or not?

I have not an hardware category because we have an heavy customized enviroment and maybe the default value in SM were deleted just after the installation of the software.

Application Version 7.11.000

RTE Version 7.11.410

Thanks for the support and best regards,

Luca

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you following up the same steps (with your own records) explained on my previous post and the values are not passed as expected?

If you have a calculation it will be fired depending on the condition you have configured. If ADD is true that calculation will modify the task record when it's created.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I did follow your same steps but it does not work.

It looks like something goes wrong when SM try to apply the template to the new task, but there are no error messages.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Luca

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

It seems that the data length of the default.template was setted in teh dbdict into VARCHAR(30 bytes) and it was too small to contain the value.

Setted it to an higher value and all works fine now.

Thanks for the support,

Luca

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.