Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Delegate specific Admin tasks

Hi,

i need to provide a specific group (Service desk agents) with specific "profile"  to be able to access to the command "status" ;  because service desk agents manage the tickets and always lock the same tickets. for this reason i want to provide him this possibility to unlock the tickets by himselves.

can someone help me plz?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Delegate specific Admin tasks

Hi,

You can add a new entry in the menu used by "Service desk agents" which calls the system status window:

--------------------------------------

Description: System Status

Application: system.status

I suggest you to create a new "capability word" for your agents (e.g. Agent.System.Status) so you can use it as part of the condition of the menu e.g. < index("Agent.System.Status", $lo.ucapex)>0 > So only users with that capability could access the system status window.

--------------------------------------

If you want to give acces only the option "Show Locks" you can modify the visible condition of the other buttons from the form designer looking for the format called: "system.status.list.g" using the same capability logic.

Regards, 

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I was wondering if you could check the suggested solution. If so, please let's know if that worked as expected.

Regards,

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your reply. but i still trying to understand your suggestion:  to create a new capaility words for "agent.system.status" which rights to add ?  can you plz give more details ?

the menu  which we have to modify is "HELPDESK"

how can we add the required changes in this menu plz? i need details because the change is a bit critical ?

thanks a lot.

regards.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.