Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Delete Change Request FROM SM

Dear All,

i am having SM 9.30 & Database is Oracle 11G, we have so many chnage request which we dont want and i want to delet this chnage request from SM. can you help me how can i delete this chnage request from SM only,  is ther any impact of this Chnage deletion

after deleting when i am generating report it should not come in resport

NEED YOUR HELP 

THANKS

KOMBOO

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Delete Change Request FROM SM

Hi, Komboo

You should use the Purge/Archive tool in SM to deal with the obsolete data. To delete from database is risky to data integrity.

Please refer to docs in SSO and help server how to use the tool.

Thanks

Desmond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Desmond,

i have gone through the document, but it confusing

frankly speaking SM is new tool for me and i am in lerning fase, is ther any outher way to delet this change request,

i will learn money things with your guiadence , i also want to be expert in sm do you have any document who teach every thing about sm, how to wright query, how to make the cutomization, how creat change floow how to take the backup of forms and restoration like money things

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Komboo,

Type "db" in command line--> type cm3r in form field. tick the "Administration mode". click on search.

there find "cm3r.search" and double click on that. you will find the search form.

if you have to delete the changes based on date you can use open start date and open end date field. click on search.

After searching the Change tickets you'll find "delete" or "mass delete" option.

And about SM...you can learn day by day by achieving your requirements of users. And hope Desmond can share his knowledge to us to acihieve the same..

Regards,

Kiran

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, Komboo

You could install the SM help server to get the instructions how to use purge/archive tool. Attach the screenshot regarding to where to find the information after the installation.

Also attach a helpful doc on how to operate the data from the DB level.

Thanks

Desmond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Kiran, Desmond

Thanks the your support,

with help of yours i will lern lots of thing in future

now i have tried to delet the CR s per the instruceted by kiran, and it is working

but file deletting i am getting error, attcahed i sthe same

Thanks

Komboo

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, Komboo

Please share the detailed steps and those screenshots of how you deleted the change as to see the error.

Desmond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.