Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Different behaviour in SM Webconsole login and SM Windows login with same login account

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I am facing some wierd issue, in one of my config management forms i have one field on the form which is behaving differently in Web and Windows logins.

When i try to login with service manager windows console and do some changes to that particular field 'ABC' the changes are considering successfully as expected once i save it.

Where as when i login with same account through  Service Manager web console and try to do the some changes on the filed 'ABC' and once i click on save, the changes are not considering as expected. But if we do any other field changes those are getting saved and changes are happening to other fields except the 'ABC' field changes.

Any idea what would be the cause to behave like this differently in windows and web console login.(even same behaviour with admin account login)

Regards,

D_M_K

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Different behaviour in SM Webconsole login and SM Windows login with same login account

Jump to solution

it is not showing any error, just it is not considering the changes and not saving where as other field changes are happening.

Regards,

D_M_K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: Different behaviour in SM Webconsole login and SM Windows login with same login account

Jump to solution

Hi,

Do you meet any error while doing change in the same field in window client? Or it just does not change?

Thank you and Best regards,

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

it is not showing any error, just it is not considering the changes and not saving where as other field changes are happening.

Regards,

D_M_K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

A best way is to enable rmt:3 in log file and print the log file and check what's differnt for 2 logins.

It's difficult to guess what has happened. 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Here the issue was, there was one more hidden field on the form which is pointing to same database field where I was seeing this issue and causing the ambiguity. But still not sure why it is behavin differently in web and windows consoles. Finally the issue got solved by deleting that hidden field on the form.

Regards,

D_M_K

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.