Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Different domain for ess.do

Jump to solution

Here is my problem, I want to have a different domain pointed to the ess.do portal.

For example, if a user goes to support.example.com, I want them to go to SM.example.com/ess.do page to create their ticket.

I do not want to change the operators portal (SM.example.com/index.do), since it works fine for us. I can understand that DNS to URL redirection is not an option but is there anything in Tomcat/IIS which I can use to solve this problem?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Different domain for ess.do

Jump to solution

Ok, undertood now. Yes it's possible. You need a VirtualHost.

Check the documentation of apache abot how to create virtualhosts: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/examples.html

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hello Wornaze,

1 - Go to your webtier root folder on tomcat wher eyou deployed HPSMWebtier. something like ...\webapps\webtier...

2 - Open the index.html and default.html in a text editor like notepad

3 - Change the tag bellow to ess.do

From: <META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="1; URL=index.do">

To: <META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="1; URL=ess.do">

Regards,
Breno Abreu

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks man, you almost solved my problem.

Let me explain the situation more in details;

Hostname: SM.example.com - where HPSM is installed

Now when I browse SM.example.com, it goes to SM.example.com/index.do and I am fine with it since thats how my operators are reaching SM.

But I want to have another domain, say support.example.com and when my users visit that site, I want them to land on to SM.example.com/ess.do to create their tickets.

I cannot do a DNS to URL redirection since DNS does not care about URL's. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions to solve this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Ok, undertood now. Yes it's possible. You need a VirtualHost.

Check the documentation of apache abot how to create virtualhosts: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/vhosts/examples.html

Regards,
Breno Abreu

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Breno, that's what I am looking for.

What I am doing now is creating a website (virtual) in IIS that will be binded with the different domain (port 80 and 443) and this domain will then land on ess.do page using HTTP Redirect.

I will give you an update soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It worked, thanks again Breno.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue recently on my site hosted on shared cpanel hosting and tried searching for extension but nothing helped. My colleague helped me in fixing this following the similar process. Thanks for sharing the detailed process.

Priti
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.