Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Etdashou Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Direct URL link to a ticket number with Web Service Manager

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have installed the Web Service Manager 9.30 on Tomcat 6.0 and it works very well.
We have a question about this Web version.

Is it possible to have a url link to a ticket within Service Manager.
For example, if I give this following link to someone:

http://myserver:8080/servicemanager/index.do?incident=IM649871

This would open the Service Manager website and will display the ticket number IM649871 (after login).

Is this possible to do? If yes, how can we do it?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Direct URL link to a ticket number with Web Service Manager

Jump to solution

Ok, reading each of your posts, here is my solution:

1. In Service Manager, go to Menu Navigation->System Administration->Base System Configuration->Miscellaneous->System Information Record;
  2. Open tab Active Integrationsand fill the following (The web url may change with your own settings):
  3. On the Web server with the Tomcat service, open the folder C:\TomcatInstallationFolder\Tomcat6\webapps\servicemanager\WEB-INF\ (Tomcat folder may change with your own installation);
  4. Modify the file web.xml;
  5. Search for querySecurity and change value true to false. This will not require to have a unique Hash key in your url query. This is necessary if you haven't coded correctly the access in Service Manager (I may be wrong here). If you set it to true, you will need to use Javascript. Search for 'makeSCWebURL' in your Service Manager documentation.
  6. Restart Service Manager application within Tomcat, or restart Tomcat.
  7. Test the following link: http://server:port/servicemanager/index.do?query=incident.id=%22CALL2030000%22&file=incidents&ctx=docEngine (The link may change with your server name, call id, etc.).

To build the link, follow these instructions (Sorry for the Copy paste), this was really useful for me, but I don't know why it wasn't in my own Help Contents:

==============

Service Manager requires generated web tier URLs to use the following format.

http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=incidents&query=incident.id=%22SD1001%22&queryHash=89472347&action=&title=Interaction%20;SD1001

URL portion

Required?

Description

1. http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do 

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the web tier host name, port, and web client connection to use. Use index.do to have users connect to the standard web client. Use ess.do to have users connect to the self-service web client.

2. ctx=docEngine

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies that Service Manager use the Document Engine to fulfill the query.

3. &file=incidents

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the table you want to query for records. You must use the file name for the table as specified in the database dictionary.

4. &query=incident.id=%22SD1001%22

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the Service Manager query you want to use to search for records. You must URI encode the query string to prevent special characters from invalidating the URL. For example, use %22 instead of quotation marks.

5. &queryHash=89472347

No

This portion of the URL specifies the optional hash key used to encode the URL query. The hash key prevents users from modifying the URL query to view other portions of Service Manager. You can only include a hash key if you generate the URL from the makeSCWebURL method.

6. &action=

No

This portion of the URL specifies the Document Engine action you want the URL query to perform. By default, the URL query performs a search operation.

7. &title=Interaction%20;SD1001

No

This portion of the URL specifies the optional title of the query. You must URI encode the query string to prevent special characters from invalidating the URL. For example, use %20; instead of a space.

==============

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Piku Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes it is possible.
There are lots of threads for this on forum.Search for them.
you have to use $L.web.url" or "$L.ess.url" variables.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I suppose the correct answer to my question would be to follow this pdf: http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM888612/4bcd591163ea7603d4a40b88/HelpserverAboutSendingURLsThroughEmails.pdf

I will verify if it does work, but I am pretty sure it is ok.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am pretty sure that it will be more then enough to use the information which provided to you Piku.

I think KM document which you refer is very old.

Currently in the system are OOB 2 variables which save the direct links to records one is $L.web.url - link for the index.do (operator access) and the other is $L.ess.url (link for the ess users).

Both of them require the correct web setting in the System Administration=>Base system configuration=>Miscellaneous=>System information Record and there on the active integrations tab you have to define both ess and web urls for the system. After you have defined them system will properly generate the above 2 variables with the links to the exact records.

There is one tricky part in that links. After user or operator click on them and after that passes the authorization on the web, not exactly the record window is displayed. On the screen is displayed qbe form with only 1 record in it (exactly the record on which notification was send) and you have to click on it to enter the record form.

Again I don't think that you need all the things written in that KM document.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have modified the Active Integrations liek you said.

I have now: http://myserver:8080/servicemanager/index.do

and: http://myserver:8080/servicemanager/ess.do

I restarted Service Manager server and Tomcat server.

I tried to display $L.web.url or $L.ess.url but those values are still empty.

Is there something else I should verify?

I will try those 2 settings with an OOB system, but my system is logically not OOB. I will let you know.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I tried the same thing on a OOB 9.30 Service Manager and it still doesn'T work. I suppose their is something else I need to do?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Jacob Heubner Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Those variables ($L.web.url and $L.ess.url) are thread variables, meaning that depending on where and how you're trying to 'display' them, they may already cease to exist.

As suggested, there are several threads that have this same question.  If you have made the changes to the System Information record as you've described, try the following command in RAD Debugger:

x $L.void=jscall("urlCreator.getURLFromQuery", "probsummary", "number=\"IM100001\"")

This should return something like:

http://myserver:8080/servicemanager/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=probsummary&query=number%3D%22IM100001%22&action=&title=undefined&queryHash=9b55cfcc

Provided you have the querySecurity parameter in your web.xml set to false, this should let you link directly to the ticket. 

Service Manager's Help documentation covers all this; just search for "url"

This has also been covered on the forums.

-m- Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If $L.web.url is not showing up in emails generated by the Notification Engine, considering adding some debugging to the JavaScript which generates the URL.

1. Access the ScriptLibrary named: urlCreator

2. Add the following to Line 15 (prior to the return):

print("Debug URL: " + url);

3. Save changes

4. Update an Incident ticket

5. Note the URL in the Messages window

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Vadim Gorda Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

In addition, obviously you have to add that variable ($L.web.url or $L.ess.url depending on notification requirement) to the form which you are using for notification or to the variables list if you are using message way of notification (direct plain text without using forms).

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot everyone for your kind replys. I will work on this today and give "Kudos" accordingly. I will let you know what I have been able to get.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Ok, reading each of your posts, here is my solution:

1. In Service Manager, go to Menu Navigation->System Administration->Base System Configuration->Miscellaneous->System Information Record;
  2. Open tab Active Integrationsand fill the following (The web url may change with your own settings):
  3. On the Web server with the Tomcat service, open the folder C:\TomcatInstallationFolder\Tomcat6\webapps\servicemanager\WEB-INF\ (Tomcat folder may change with your own installation);
  4. Modify the file web.xml;
  5. Search for querySecurity and change value true to false. This will not require to have a unique Hash key in your url query. This is necessary if you haven't coded correctly the access in Service Manager (I may be wrong here). If you set it to true, you will need to use Javascript. Search for 'makeSCWebURL' in your Service Manager documentation.
  6. Restart Service Manager application within Tomcat, or restart Tomcat.
  7. Test the following link: http://server:port/servicemanager/index.do?query=incident.id=%22CALL2030000%22&file=incidents&ctx=docEngine (The link may change with your server name, call id, etc.).

To build the link, follow these instructions (Sorry for the Copy paste), this was really useful for me, but I don't know why it wasn't in my own Help Contents:

==============

Service Manager requires generated web tier URLs to use the following format.

http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=incidents&query=incident.id=%22SD1001%22&queryHash=89472347&action=&title=Interaction%20;SD1001

URL portion

Required?

Description

1. http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do 

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the web tier host name, port, and web client connection to use. Use index.do to have users connect to the standard web client. Use ess.do to have users connect to the self-service web client.

2. ctx=docEngine

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies that Service Manager use the Document Engine to fulfill the query.

3. &file=incidents

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the table you want to query for records. You must use the file name for the table as specified in the database dictionary.

4. &query=incident.id=%22SD1001%22

Yes

This portion of the URL specifies the Service Manager query you want to use to search for records. You must URI encode the query string to prevent special characters from invalidating the URL. For example, use %22 instead of quotation marks.

5. &queryHash=89472347

No

This portion of the URL specifies the optional hash key used to encode the URL query. The hash key prevents users from modifying the URL query to view other portions of Service Manager. You can only include a hash key if you generate the URL from the makeSCWebURL method.

6. &action=

No

This portion of the URL specifies the Document Engine action you want the URL query to perform. By default, the URL query performs a search operation.

7. &title=Interaction%20;SD1001

No

This portion of the URL specifies the optional title of the query. You must URI encode the query string to prevent special characters from invalidating the URL. For example, use %20; instead of a space.

==============

View solution in original post

kiran_barkur Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The following example creates a notification record with the following properties.

• Creates an e-mail message whenever someone updates a Service Desk interaction record.
  • The e-mail message contains a direct URL to the updated interaction record.
  • The e-mail message contains a URL to the self-service interface if the ticket was opened from self-service or a URL to the Web client interface if it was opened from any other interface.

Note: This example assumes you have installed the Service Manager Web tier and an e-mail service.

Update the Web configuration file:

1. Log on to the Service Manager Web tier server.
  2. Stop the Web tier Web application server.
  3. Open the Service Manager Web tier's Web configuration file (web.xml) in a text editor.
    Note: The web.xml file is WEB-INF folder of your Web tier's context root.
  4. Search for the following entry:
    <init-param>
      <param-name>serverHost</param-name>
      <param-value>localhost</param-value>
    </init-param>
  5. Change the localhost param-value to the fully qualified domain name of your Web tier server, for example, myserver.mydomain.com.
    Replace the values myserver and mydomain.com with the server host name and domain name of the server running the Service Manager Web tier.
    Important: You must specify a fully qualified domain name for the serverHost parameter or the server will generate invalid URLs.
  6. Save the Web configuration file.

Update the system information record:

1. Restart your Web application server.
  2. Log on to the Service Manager server as a system administrator.
  3. Click System Administration > Base System Configuration > Miscellaneous > System Information Record.
  4. Click the Active Integrations tab.
  5. In the WebServer URL field, type the fully qualified URL to your Web tier. For example:
    http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do
    Replace the values myserver and mydomain.com with the server host name and domain name of the server running the Service Manager Web tier. Replace myport with the communications port your Service Manager Web tier Web server listens for HTTP requests.
    The server stores the value of this field in the $L.web.url global variable.
  6. In the ESS URL field, type the fully qualified URL to your Web tier. For example:
    http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/ess.do
    Replace the values myserver and mydomain.com with the server host name and domain name of the server running the Service Manager Web tier. Replace myport with the communications port your Service Manager Web tier Web server listens for HTTP requests.
    The server stores the value of this field in the $L.ess.url global variable.
  7. Save the system information record.

Update the SD.incident.mail form:

1. Log out and restart the Service Manager server.
  2. Log back into Service Manager as a system administrator.
  3. Click Tailoring > Forms Designer.
  4. Search for the form SD.incident.mail.
  5. Click DesignDesign icon
  6. Add a new text area field with the following properties.

Property Value Input $L.web.url Width 400
    This form will display the URL to the Web client interface.
  7. Make any other changes to the form.
    You will use this form as the template for your e-mail messages.
  8. Click OK twice to exit Forms Designer and save the form. OK icon
  9. Search for the form SD.incident.mail.
  10. Right-click the detail form and click Copy/RenameCopy/Rename icon
  11. In the New Name field, type SD.incident.mail.ess.
  12. Select the Copy option.
  13. Click OK.
  14. Click DesignDesign icon
  15. Select the text area field you created to display the Web tier URL and update it to have the following properties.

Property Value Input $L.ess.url Width 400
    This form will display the URL to the self-service interface.
  16. Click OK twice to exit Forms Designer and save the form. OK icon

Update the SM Update notification record:

1. Click Tailoring > Notifications > Notifications.
  2. Search for the SM Update notification record.
  3. Add the following new rows to the notification record.

URL sent Msg class Msg No. Arguments Condition Format Notify Method Recipient(s) Self-service sm 10 incident.id in $L.file ess.entry in $L.file=true SD.incident.mail.ess email contact.name in $L.file Web client sm 10 incident.id in $L.file nullsub(ess.entry in $L.file,false)=false SD.incident.mail email contact.name in $L.file
  4. Click OK to save the notification record. OK icon

Create and update a self-service interaction record:

1. Open a Web browser and log on to the self-service interface.
  2. Create a new self-service interaction record and note the interaction record ID.
  3. From a windows client, click Service Desk > Search Interaction Records.
  4. Use the interaction record ID of the self-service interaction record to retrieve the interaction record details.
  5. Add a category, sub category, and update to the self-service interaction record.
  6. Exit out of the self-service interaction record and return to the Service Desk search form.
  7. Search for SD1001.
  8. Click the Activities tab.
  9. In the Update field, type an update.
  10. Click SaveSave icon

Review the output event

1. Click Tailoring > Event Services > Output Events.
  2. Click SearchSearch icon
  3. Look for an output event with an Event Code of email and the ID number of the self-service interaction record that you created in theExternal Information String field.
  4. Right-click in the External Information String field and click MagnifyMagnify icon
  5. Search the form for a URL.
    The URL should contain the path to your self-service interface, for example:
    http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/ess.do?
    ctx=docEngine&file=incidents&query=incident.id=%22SD10005%22
    &queryHash=eb12d3d8&action=&title=Interaction%20;SD10005
  6. Look for an output event with an Event Code of email and SD1001 in the External Information String field.
  7. Right-click in the External Information String field and click MagnifyMagnify icon
  8. Search the form for a URL.
    The URL should contain the path to your Web client interface, for example:
    http://myserver.mydomain.com:myport/SM/index.do?
    ctx=docEngine&file=incidents&query=incident.id=%22SD1001%22
    &queryHash=89472347&action=&title=Interaction%20;SD1001
Absent Member.. wuu2487 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Is there anything built in HPSM 9.34 to make it easier. Or I have to do the same to achieve it?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. wuu2487 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Also it looks like only open the qbe list instead of open the ticket right away? What I can do to make it open the ticket right away?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

None of the above was needed. 

the Notification engine automatically generates a URL for the current record when sending an email. To include that URL in the email, enter a field on the email format with the correct input:

$L.web.url              (you must have the web-tier server listed in the System Infomation Record)

$L.ess.url               (you must have the web-tier server listed in the System Infomation Record)

$L.src.url                (you must have the SRC server listed in the System Infomation Record)

$L.mobility.url         (you must have the mobility server listed in the System Infomation Record)

For HTML notifications:

The expressions tab of each notification calculates the URL. Note that in interactions, the SRC call is missing out of box.

Note that they all use the varable var web_url. That is the link used in the oob format. You just comment out the ones you don't want  and uncomment the one that you want to use for this email.

--above, the regular web-tier URL will be sent.

--If you commented out the line which calls getURLFromQuery, and uncommented the line which calls get ESSURLFromQuery, you would send the ESS URL instead. 

--If you commented out the line which calls getURLFromQuery, and uncommented the line which calls get SRCURLFromQuery, you would send the SRC URL instead. 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.