Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
StevenB77 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Disable Smart Analytics Interface While Indexing...

Jump to solution

Good afternoon Service Manager Experts, 

I am in the process of implementing Smart Analytics in a production environment. Is there a way to disable Smart Search while the indexing process is working on the initial load of the customer's data into IDOL? I have reviewed the FAQ from 4/7/2017 and the closest thing that I have found is on page 36, "Question: How do I disable filters in context-aware search if the search is slow?"  The response was No. Based on this response I am concluding that there is no way to disable Smart Search GUI related to Smart Analytics while the index process is running in the background. 

I can hear my customers complaining that the search is not working as expected after go-live. 

Thanks in Advance, 

StevenB

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Disable Smart Analytics Interface While Indexing...

Jump to solution

I think we might need to submit an enhancement request or - at least - get a developer to take a look. I am not seeing a method to temporarily disable smart search or an easy way to hide the smart search magnifying glass. I do see a few tickets where customers wanted something kind of similar such as have smart search enabled only in index.do and not for ess, but that seems to not be a something which is going to be implemented. 

If you have a valid support contract you can open a ticket so this scenario can be presented to R&D.

6 Replies
quanta223 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Steven,

Which version are you in now? As I remember, in 9.4 there is one checkbox that helps you to enable / disable Smart Analytics, but in 9.5x, the option is the one-way function that cannot be reverted back

Regards,

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Quanta. We are on version 9.52. You are correct once you click the enable button there is no disable functionality. Would be nice to have this so that end users would not be confused as they may not find what they are looking for until the full indexing is complete. 

Thanks,

StevenB 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

How many records are you indexing? How long do you expect the full index to take? Indexing in 9.52 is faster than previous versions.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Brett, 

Thanks for responding...the entire system contains over 8 million records.

Thanks, 

StevenB

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I think we might need to submit an enhancement request or - at least - get a developer to take a look. I am not seeing a method to temporarily disable smart search or an easy way to hide the smart search magnifying glass. I do see a few tickets where customers wanted something kind of similar such as have smart search enabled only in index.do and not for ess, but that seems to not be a something which is going to be implemented. 

If you have a valid support contract you can open a ticket so this scenario can be presented to R&D.

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I do. Thanks for the response Brett. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.