Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Display Options

Jump to solution

Hi All

When changing a Display Application Option Definition there is an option called action. Where are these actions set?

I need to find how to create an action and setup the process behind it?

For example for the editcart option i can open a form and view the cart associated with that interaction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

This is part of document engine.

Action and Process to be called is mapped by state record as follow,

Each display screen has list of display option (type ‘ds’ in command line to access these)

Display action defined some action in display option

Process called will be defined in 'state' record

Each state bound to a particular display screen hence each display options, having action defined on particular display screen will have some process.

Process definition is in 'Process' table.

Each form displayed in SM has some display screen. And state to be attached while viewing any record in SM is defined in Object record of the table.

Hope it is clear.

hth

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI,

This is part of document engine.

Action and Process to be called is mapped by state record as follow,

Each display screen has list of display option (type ‘ds’ in command line to access these)

Display action defined some action in display option

Process called will be defined in 'state' record

Each state bound to a particular display screen hence each display options, having action defined on particular display screen will have some process.

Process definition is in 'Process' table.

Each form displayed in SM has some display screen. And state to be attached while viewing any record in SM is defined in Object record of the table.

Hope it is clear.

hth

View solution in original post

Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thansk Piku

I did find this after posting!

Couldnt do what i wanted to do anyway so am just using the editcart option 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.