Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Display Related Records to CI in Configuration Item Details

Jump to solution

I have a request to add the ability to view the related records (Changes, Interactions, Incidents) with the ability to link to the record of a CI when in Configuration Management.

I have looked at the OOB form ConfigurationItem and tried exploring the button, "Calculate Related Record Count" as well as the Metrics section, "Outage History" to see if I could figure out how to expand their functionality with no success. We are using SM 9.33 with PD 4.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Display Related Records to CI in Configuration Item Details

Jump to solution

link provides a complete list of records satisfying the condition in it.

By the way i don't know this is OOB or not but i have such functional:

When in CI - menu (this is DO settings) -> Related-> Interactions or Incidents i get list of (for example) Incidents - as if I did a search on incidents.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

You need make a link from Configuration Management (from some CI) to incidents, interactions,.... ?

or reverse: You need to have a possibility choose from incidents, interactions,....  some CI ?

/about functionality of button "Calculate Related Record Count"  search in STATE for it./

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

When viewing a CI, I want to be able to find any ticket that has that CI in the record. It could be in the form of a button that opens a new window, a table. or any other option that is more efficent than going to each individual module and searching for all records with the specified CI.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I believe that it is necessary to use LINK for device to probsummary table.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am familar with using link records to link fields from a record, but I don't see how I could use this to pull an entire list of records. Can you please provide more details on your suggestion?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

link provides a complete list of records satisfying the condition in it.

By the way i don't know this is OOB or not but i have such functional:

When in CI - menu (this is DO settings) -> Related-> Interactions or Incidents i get list of (for example) Incidents - as if I did a search on incidents.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I did not know about the existing feature. It's the functionality that was requested so I am good with that.

"When in CI - menu (this is DO settings) -> Related-> Interactions or Incidents i get list of (for example) Incidents"

There are so many nooks and crannies in Service Manager that you can go for years not knowing features are there. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Anytime

--------

Kudos are Welcome

-------\/

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.