Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Display count of interactions/approvals for current user

Hello.

we have a requirement to show on ESS main page the number of requests waiting for approval and the number of requests requiring approval

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Display count of interaction

It's not clear the difference between both values but regardless that, there are several ways to acomplish this.. from the old  limited marquee and stored queries till where your imaginations takes you...

A simple one is add a caption having an input as variable and fill this variable as you wish in the format fc..

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

As there is no FC for ess.gui.menu.SD form and if i'll add it for what table?

(difference between both values:

1) you are requester and waiting while approvers approve your request

2) you are approver and should approve list of requests from users)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Did you try to create the FC for this screen?
If it does not work you can use login.DEFAULT which runs on every login.. if so, add some running condition to just execute it on web for ess.
Good luck!
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello.

Yes I also thought about login.DEFAULT - one drawback - it is calculated once at startup.

I will try add new FC - but for which table will be created this FC or it's nevermind and i just call JS from FC and set all what i need there ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I have done this before and made a nice ticket status dashboard for the ESS initial page.

The counts of tickets were calculated in the login.DEFAULT formatctrl and stored in global variables. Then, any time the user submitted another ticket or approved a ticket, triggers would fire to update those global variables, so their counts would update within that same ESS session.

If an action was taken on one of their tickets by someone else, their session would not reflect that change, but since ESS sessions are relatively short we chose to not write code to handle such actions by others.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.