Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Display in menu for ess user - model for his subscriptions

I need to display in menu for ess users, list of value from "model" (or\and other) field for table "device", for that "device" which user have in active subscription in "subscription" table.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Display in menu for ess user - model for his subscriptions

Search the inboxes for Subscription table. There must be at least two, Individual and Department. Set the View Fields as you wish.

The default CI field in Subscription is "Service Name" and there is a join definition with device.  So once you select it all device fields will be available for you. If you are talking about model inside device, you select "Part No" on second level and all fields on Model will be available for you.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

And what exactly should i do ?

Now i have menu called "My Subscription":

app: se.call.process

param.name: {"name","boolean1"}

param.value: {"contact.sub","true"}

========================

Process contact.sub:

preRAD: $L.value="Individual Subscriptions";$subscriberType="contacts"

RAD: scm.advanced

name="Subscription"

text=$L.value

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

The menu link call the inbox I told you the previous answer.

Just add the fields you want to show.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

i see.

Now i have a few more questions.

1) Where is this relationship (Subscription-ServiceName -> Device-logical.name) established for the possibility of choosing the second level ?

2) After selecting the device table fields, the columns are named: "ServiceName Model", "ServiceName Location"

Is it possible to set name for columns as i wish (Just Model, Location or any other)

3) The user seeing the resulting list can click on the record and get to a different format, I need the user to see the list and could not enter it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

1) relation table

2) You can change the values of each field on datadict but the result when you use this level functionality is the concatenation of the two captions, the one used to bind both tables and the second of the field itself on parent table.

If this is really a problem instead of using standard view mechanism you can write your own sql on inbox and define the caption as you wish 🙂 - normal SQL clause..

3) This is a normal QBE, you can try to disable it by checking from where the "clicking" is comming and change the action to do nothing but the better is leave as it is and just create a simple format with only information they can see.. no warm on that.

Regards,
Breno Abreu

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

2) about my own SQL in inbox

Where can i do it there (the table already defined)

inbox_01.jpg

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.