Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Display of contact information/full name in SRC client

In the SRC client applicationContext.properties settings, you can define a mask for contact.name that will display Full Name in place of the contact name, for example, when the user selects a contact. This functionality was recently fixed, per the QCCR:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/LID/QCCR1M1622

BUT, this setting appears to be ignored everywhere else. The SRC forms display contact.name and do not appear to provide an option to display full.name at all. While this works with OOB sample data (where full name is populated in the contact.name field), you can't actually use full.name as the contact.name in the real world:

• names are non-unique (don't hire two people with the same name seems impractical).
  • names are non-persistent over time (if a person marries, they often change their name)

Both issues result in problems if contact.name is populated with full name information. To avoid this issue, most of my clients have elected to store a true unique id as the contact.name (e.g. AD ID, HR ID, etc) and display contact and callback full names in ESS clients at all times.

BUT--in the SRC, contact.name displays as the Requested by and Requested For value even when masking is configured to show full.name or another value.

There does not appear to be any way to configure the ticket views to show full name instead. So for these clients to move to the SRC, they have to configure a workaround which allows the use of a non-persistent contact.name that includes the full name. This screen if from an system with masking defined for contact.name (show full.name). The data displayed is not masked, and, even with the additional setting itemized below, the checkout panel does not display the contact information.

Even if the additional applicationsContext.properties setting to show additioanal contact data is configured, it doesn't work in most areas:

# Addition contact info which should display under the contact name.

# Separate each field with a comma.

#

# N -: FullName

# F -: FirstName

# L -: LastName

# E -: E-mail address

##

src.sm.additionalContactInfo=N,E

The specified information is not displayed on the service request checkout forms, nor on the ticket status form. It only displays on the item form. It also does not apply to the callback.contact field where the same issues exist.

With the above setting (src.sm.additional.contact.info), I would expect the items listed to be displayed under the contact field in both locations. Is this not correct?

--I can't tell who A1RCNRE is, nor who ST000183 is. 

Here is the item level form with the contact information:

When completing a support request, only the support recipient fields have the additional information, not the callback.contact fields. It's inconsistent. And the additional information does not display on the service requrest checkout screens or on ticket status screens. Why wouldn't this setting apply globally, wherever a contact.name is displayed, and not to callback.contact as well?

Is the only workaround to use a concatenated contact.name (full.name + unique identifier) and then configure a cascade update to sync all related transactional records if and when a user's given name changes? Or is there a way to mask the contact.name in the SRC generally, or at least also display the full name at all times in addition to contact.name (and the same for callback.contact)?

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
2 Replies
isolprin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Display of contact information/full name in SRC client

Hi Jonh,

I looked for information on what you are requesting and found this Enhancement Request QCCR1E104010 about how to set variables as default value of column in SRC tailoring.

Although the description for on this request is different from what you indicate, this request is related to the following QCCR1E109173 Default value of "Contact Name" in check out panel should also change with SRC tailoring change to new field that is related to the Enhancement Request mentioned.

You can open a support ticket indicating the number of the Enhancement Request and ask for you to be added to the Enhancement Request to receive updates on the status of this.

I hope this help you!

Ivannia

HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful
0 Likes
isolprin Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Display of contact information/full name in SRC client

Hi John,

I wanted to know if the information that I provide was useful. Let me know If there anything else that I can help you with.

Ivannia
HP Software Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Also, please assign a Kudo to the post if you find it is helpful
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.