Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Documentation on using CaseExchangeDefaultTemplate SMIS template for third party integration

Hi,

We have a requirement to connect to second instance of Operation Orchestration with SM 9.64 to send some incident closure events via different OO. By default there's only one OO integration allowed per SM instance unless SMISRegistry value settings are changed to allow more than one.. in which case there's still a major issue since SM wouldn't know to which OO it should send the configured OO worflow.

Thus, only option I see is to se the "CaseExchangeDefaultTemplate"  to call OO api as if it's any other third party tool. Looking at the current help documentation / forum / Support site, I can't find any relevant documentation explaining any details about this integration.

So my question is... is this still the right way, i.e. using SMIS CaseExchangeDefaultTemplate, to connect to any third party tools supporting Rest web services? If yes.. .is there better documentation available on how to setup integration with this adapter in general.

If not, what's the other way of setting SM integration with third party tool without writing massive customisation about storing and replaying failed messages, messaging queue and logging etc which is all provided by SMIS adapter out of the box.

In previous versions, I have used HPE Professional services designed tool (thanks to Ben) called WSEventHandler which was quite good and provides option to write transformation scripts etc. I think SMIS was later upgraded to provide similar functionality but seems lacking in useful documentation.

Thanks

Shishir.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Version 9.63

I agree. SMIS documentation is lacking. 
I have not used Orchestration for SMIS Case Exchange (Only SMIS Integration Manager within the tool), but there is a way to configure multiple SMIS case exchanges to work with multiple third-party applications, for example a pull interface between Microfocus SM & ServiceNow and another from Microfocus SM & Microfocus SM. As for integration templates, you can create an integration template and add it to the available integration Add list by updating the Script Library "smis_ConfigurationManager". You will need to add the template name under function showVerifyLink. You will also need to update Script Library "CaseExchange_EPAdapter" function testConnect and add template name on the line.

You should be able to tell case exchange when to run by updating the Script Library "CaseExchangeManager" and modifying the "initateVars: function()" section. You can add additional "if statements" to identify the ceuser used on the specific integration.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.