Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Dotted blue transition in HPE Service manager workflow

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have a problem. In HPE Service Manager I have workflow for Incident.

And sometimes (when Incident is closed) in workflow viewer in Object I can see dotted blue transition. I cannot find description for this, why transition has that color and dotted?

Could you help me and discribe this issue

Dima,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Dotted blue transition in HPE Service manager workflow

Jump to solution

It is most likely still an indicator of a past phase transition. If you want to confirm this, please post a full screenshot of the workflow viewer along with a screenshot showing what phase the record is in.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kirsanov

The Workflow Viewer enables you to view a graphical layout of the entire lifecycle of a process or record. The phases and transitions of the workflow are color-coded as follows.

Phase/transition   -   Color property used

Current phase    -     Green highlight

Past phase       -     Green border

Future phase     -    Blue border

Inactive phase      -      Grey border

Past transition     -     Dotted green line

Future transition     -      Blue line arrow

If a phase in a workflow contains approvals, an Approvals icon is displayed in the phase in the Workflow Viewer.

You can view information about specific parts of the workflow by hovering the mouse over that component in theWorkflow Viewer. For example, hover the mouse over a transition between two phases to display the description of that transition. Or, hover the mouse over the Approvals icon to display the approval definition list (in future phases), the approvals information in the Approval table (in the current phase), or the approval history (in past phases).

To view a workflow, open a record, and then click the Workflow tab.

Note

In order to view a workflow in the Workflow Viewer, you must integrate a Workflow widget into any form that is associated with a Process Designer-enabled table. This is currently available for Knowledge Management (kmdocument), Change Management (cm3r and cm3t), and WorkflowDemo, Service Desk (incidents), Incident Management (probsummary and imTask), Problem Management (rootcause and rootcausetask), and Request Fulfillment (request and requestTask.

The procedure to integrate the viewer into each module is very similar.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Carlos!

I know about color-code:

Phase/transition   -   Color property used

Current phase    -     Green highlight

Past phase       -     Green border

Future phase     -    Blue border

Inactive phase      -      Grey border

Past transition     -     Dotted green line

Future transition     -      Blue line arrow

I have not "Blue line arrow"  but Dotted light blue arrow as in picture which I attached to this task.

So I cannot understand, why transition has color like light-blue?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It is most likely still an indicator of a past phase transition. If you want to confirm this, please post a full screenshot of the workflow viewer along with a screenshot showing what phase the record is in.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Kirsanov,

hope you are doing fine.

I would like to know if you still require assistance or if your question was resolved. If so, could you please mark it as a correct answer so that other members can benefit from this answer and close this question. If it didn’t resolve then please let me know so that we can address your question again.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.