Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Duplicate emails in service manager

Hi Champs,
I am using 7.11...I have configured email in my SM. But, whenever a mail shoots, 3 mails are coming for a single instance.Please help me what to do for this?

Thanks in advance,
Shresha
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Please specify a situation WHEN it is happened.
Eg. incidents close, notification IM Close - screen of configuration etc...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello Shreesha.
I had the same problem some time ago.
Problem was in the fact that there where 3 email notification records in the SM which met the condition requirement at the same time and fired all at a time.
As a solution i set two of them to false and after that only one email was sent from SM.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Gorda,

My customer met with a similar issue: when an interaction was closed by ServiceDesk, he received 3 notificaiton mails.

I want to know what records you set to false. Could you please help with the answer?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Are you using scsmtp for sending emails?

If yes, then check how many task maanger processes are running for scsmtp...

It tends to send duplicate messages if many processes of scsmtp are running. You need to kill them.

Else, as suggested by Vadim, check your notification records starting with "SM" such as SM Add, SM Update..and modify accordingly.

Assign Kudos by clicking on Star on your left ,if this post helped you in any manner...Thanks...

Gaurav
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have tried to check the notification definition of "SM Close", finding below 3 triggering conditions

1. MS.slo.status in $file~=$oldstatus and open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Passive" and operator()~="linker"

2. open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Active" and operator()~="linker"

3. open in $L.file="Closed" and MS.notify in $L.file=true and MS.closure.method in $L.file="Passive" and operator()~="linker"

Until now we found two interactions whose closure method is "Passive" triggered 3 same notifications when being closed, but we cannot yet be sure there's anything wrong with the conditions because other ones also run normally.

Besides, I have tested the method Vadim suggested, set the "Save First" field to "false". Someone said it worked but not from my side. 

Could you please help with the anylisis?

Thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.