Respected Contributor.. Mark Siple Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Duplicate key error when unloading svcCatalog and svcDisplay

I received duplicate key errors for an unload script being imported through the database manager for filenames svcCatalog and svcDisplay.  The unload is for updates to an existing Service Request Catalog item.  I don't receive the errors going from DEV to TEST, only TEST to Production.  I have also been told that the problem was caused by the COUNTERS table being out of sync.

So, questions:

1.  Should the counter ids for those filenames be the same in the source and destination environments?

2.  Is there anything else besides the ID numbers in the COUNTERS table that would cause this problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Luis_G_SM Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Duplicate key error when unloading svcCatalog and svcDisplay

Hello Mark

i would recommend to change the name (key) in the dbdict record of both svcDisplay and svcCatalog, enter those record in administration mode and change it. then try to add the unl

please let me know the results.

BR!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

i had encountered the same while move catalog category/items from procudtion to test system, i did below to solve the issue

catalogDifSync - look for joinsvcDisplay entries, take backup an ddelete those

activitysvccatalog - take backup an ddelete all entried

svccatalog- take backup an ddelete all entried

joinsvcDisplay- take backup an ddelete all entried

number - table look for activitysvccatalog & svcCatalogDiffSync, set the number accordingly.

Now loaded the unl file and it worked. Hope this help

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Respected Contributor.. Mark Siple Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Sanjay, thanks for your response.  Since we're trying to go from TEST to Production, I'm leery of deleting table entries (but we may try it anyway).

If I were to update the Service Catalog Item directly in Production, then do a database refresh to our DEV and TEST environments, would we be back in sync?

thanks again.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.