New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Dynamic Field properties

Hi All,

On my ess form there are alot of selection criterias for different teams, and hence there are number of fields which are required to be filled according to the problem they are reporting.

I want to create different groups for them so that I can relate the fields and inorder to make sure the form visibility dont get mis-alligned, I need to check whether I can set the X and Y-axis of the group control to be set dynamically. If I can do it like this if product.type="Email Related Issue" then groupname.X=3 and groupname.Y=23?

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Best Regards.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is not a facility to support this in Service Manager forms designer. You cannot, for example, define a textbox and dynamically adjust the X,Y axis positions on display

The next SM release, 9.30, includes a new ESS front end that allows for different ESS support ticket types to be defined as support catalog items, each of which can prompt the user to answer different questions based on the reported issue. It may provide an alternate way to address the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Thanks Stagarman!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.