Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Dynamically set approval based on SD ticket based on user selected option for specific catalog item

Hi We have SM 9.50 and upgraded to 9.51 I want SM should automatically assign Approval on SD/service catalog ticket based on location (user selection/option) which user selects while submitting ticket. For example, end user 'John' selected location say 'XYZ' from user selection while submitting service catalog item from ESS portal. And another end user 'Rhian' select location say 'ABC' from user selection while submitting service catalog item from ESS portal. Now the location 'XYZ' service request managed by SPOC say '123' and location 'ABC' service request managed by SPOC say '456' so John requests should goes to '123' approval and Rhian request should goes to '456' approval for particular catalog item. My Idea to achieve this: 1) I was trying to pass user selected Location value from svccartitem table to incident table custom field (say 'svcloc') through script but neither getting any error nor value is getting set via script. 2) If custom field 'svcloc' gets set on incident table when ticket getting raised, then was trying to set approver based on below condition under approval definition condition $svcloc in $L.file='XYZ' (assign approver as '123' under operator) If anyone has done similar kind of requirement then please suggest solution/steps/script by which they achived this requirement.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Dynamically set approval based on SD ticket based on user selected option for specific catalog i

Attached is screenshot of script which executing from ruleset at Logging Phase> On Update/On Enter.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Dynamically set approval based on SD ticket based on user selected option for specific catalog i

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi SandyAdmin,

The requirement mentioned in mentioned link was different i.e. Approval based on logged in end user location based.

But Requirement mentioned in this post is different i.e. Approval based on location selected by end user from catalog item.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.