New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
1131 views

E-mail notifications not working for incidents, are working for changes

Jump to solution

We have SM 7.10 running on Windows 2003. Our e-mail notifications have stopped working for incident assignment notices. Change notices are still being e-mailed fine. We're using Connect-IT in our setup. We've restarted the server several times, seeing errors in msglog;

 

Logon attempts exceeded maximum on device: , at: 05/29/12 01:08:05

Login application ending because of errors, check for other messages.

Unrecoverable error in application:  login.background on panel call.login

 

 Not sure if it's related or not, but the 29th is when the messages stopped being delivered. I've killed the problem and EMAILOUT processes and restarted them. No change. I've toggled the IM Open notification from true to false and back to true again, no change.

 

Anyone have any suggestions on this one?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

From the messages you provided, it could be that you have exceeded the max logins for the ID that connectit is using to log in to Service Manager.  If this is the case, the quick solution is to increase the Max Logins on the security tab.

 

However, it is curious that the change emails are still going out. Are there any incident emails in the eventout table? It could also be that the incident notification emails are not firing correctly. One more thing to try. Go to the schedule table. Select all records for application message.bg. If there are a number of records, delete the oldest - it might be stuck

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

From the messages you provided, it could be that you have exceeded the max logins for the ID that connectit is using to log in to Service Manager.  If this is the case, the quick solution is to increase the Max Logins on the security tab.

 

However, it is curious that the change emails are still going out. Are there any incident emails in the eventout table? It could also be that the incident notification emails are not firing correctly. One more thing to try. Go to the schedule table. Select all records for application message.bg. If there are a number of records, delete the oldest - it might be stuck

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
Thanks for the suggestions, Change notices have now stopped being delivered as well. We had a few SD staff that were set as named users so I've since cleared them. There doesn't appear to be an operator ID for connect-it and we've already determined that we only use connect-it for LDAP integration, not e-mail. The condition for the incident trigger is set to 'true' so the condition always evaluates. The recipients are valid with valid e-mail addresses. I'll going to have our DBAs check the tables for the records you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let you know if it helps us out!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class
Well, I think we've located a problem, we've got 16190 records in the schedule table, all stemming from the 30th of March (e-mail was stopped from being delivered on the 29th). I've deleted the oldest record, but the problem persists, should we restart the server or kill/restart some services?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Captain Captain
Captain

Hi Same problem i am also facing, Have got the exact solution on it ? iF YES THEN please email me the solution on my email id which is "Personal Info Erased"

Regards,

Rajiv

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.