New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

ERD required for HP servicedesk 5.1 Patch10

Jump to solution
Hi,

I need Entity Relationship Diagram(ERD) for HP Servicdesk 5.1 Patch10. I hope anyone of you guys who are hitting the DB's for reporting might have one.

That would be great help from you guys. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
A database view could be called a stored query, the result of which would be a virtual table composed of the actual contents of one or many tables but computed dynamically, meaning that if you change the actual table contents, the database view will also reflect such change.

In the System Settings in Service Desk, there should be a workspace called Report Settings where you can find the Data Dictionary as well as a button to (re)generate views for reporting.

Service Desk will create those database views based on the actual tables but with friendly names and actual values rather than OIDs.

I guess more info is available in the application's help files.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I use the database views for that purpose, not the tables. Names are much more user-friendly and information is centralized instead of spread across multiple tables as it occurs with certain entities.

As for diagrams, I don't have any but I have never needed them when using the data dictionary.

Also, I believe most recent RDBMSs are capable of generating diagrams.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..
Dear Pike,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you elaborate more on Database views?as i am not a DB guy
How i can use them to generate reports and understand the underlaying DB relations.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
A database view could be called a stored query, the result of which would be a virtual table composed of the actual contents of one or many tables but computed dynamically, meaning that if you change the actual table contents, the database view will also reflect such change.

In the System Settings in Service Desk, there should be a workspace called Report Settings where you can find the Data Dictionary as well as a button to (re)generate views for reporting.

Service Desk will create those database views based on the actual tables but with friendly names and actual values rather than OIDs.

I guess more info is available in the application's help files.

Hope this helps.
Points are welcome.

The Pike

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.