Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

ESS Menu and and control buttons

1) For ESS menu - after enter into form (open SD, update SD, ...) under form (wich i can edit in FD) there is bottons:

"Back", "Cancel", "Use Template", "Search for known errors", ...

So how can i control it - display by condition, hide or unhide,... ? - because there is no that buttons on form.

2) What is DisplayOptions for menu.gui.ess.SD ?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ESS Menu and and control buttons

Hi Alarmus

Customize the self-service interface

Applies to User Roles:

System Administrator

You can customize the self-service interface by changing the menu and forms that HPE Service Manager displays to the user.

Task 1: Change the menu record

The self-service menu record contains option numbers, descriptions, and the RAD application called by the option. If you change the contents of the menu record, especially the options, change the corresponding forms to match.

To change the menu record, follow these steps:

1. Click Tailoring > Database Manager.
  2. In the Form field, type menu.
  3. Click Search.
  4. Double-click the menu form.
  5. In the Menu Name field, type ESSSM.
  6. Click Search to display the self-service menu record.
  7. If you make changes, click Save.

Task 2: Change the forms

The self-service menu record contains option numbers that correspond to the Button ID on the form. If you changed the options in the menu record, the Button ID on the form must match the associated option number in the menu record.

To change the forms, follow these steps:

1. Click Tailoring > Forms Designer.
  2. In the Form field, type menu.gui.ess.SD.
  3. Click Search.
  4. Click Design.
  5. After you make the changes, click OK.
Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: ESS Menu and and control buttons

So, As i understand:

We can use on menu.gui.ess.SD element like  "link lebel" and set action (botton code) for this element equal number from option field of menu table.

1)

How can i make "combined button" on form ?

How can i use my own picture (icon\pictogram) for buttons (like in menu.gui.ess.SD) ?

2) 

And how about control bottons like - BACK, CANCEL, APPLY TEMPLATE,.... 
wich placed under form.
How can i control them (hide or set visibility by condition,...)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.