Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Easy Link Question

Jump to solution

When escalating an interaction to an incident, we use the link record screlate.incidents.problem to pass customized field values.

We have a customized field in incident that does not exist in interaction.  I'd like to default this fields value to false.  In the link record>select line>Source/Target can I specify false and pass that value to my customized field?  If so, what is the syntax of the false?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Wouldn't you just want to set the field to false in your probsummary format control rather than the link record?  If there is a reason to set it to false only when the incident is opened from an interaction then maybe you would want it set in the link, but still not sure that is the best place for it.

To set it in the format control, go to the calculations page, and set the following ...

Initial - true

Calcuation - <your variable> in $file=false

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Wouldn't you just want to set the field to false in your probsummary format control rather than the link record?  If there is a reason to set it to false only when the incident is opened from an interaction then maybe you would want it set in the link, but still not sure that is the best place for it.

To set it in the format control, go to the calculations page, and set the following ...

Initial - true

Calcuation - <your variable> in $file=false

Thanks,

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

Think it will be huge work to set conditions for all customized fields if they are lot there. It can be done in both fc and link. In link you can write false for them in post expression and in format control you can do this like it was said in previous post.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank for you for your quick repsonses.

My mind was in LINK.  I decided to use FC on probsummary.

Absent Member..

Kudos are always appreciated :smileywink:

Thanks,

Tim
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.