Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Absent Member.. SanjeevDas Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Edit query in Links

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I have created a new service of device type computer. Edited the query as shown below. Change the OOB device.type "bizservice" to "computer"

====================================================================================

if ($fill.skip.master=true) then ($fill.skip=true;cleanup($fill.skip.master))
$query="device.type=\"computer\""
if (not null(affected.item in $File)) then $query+=(" and logical.name#\""+affected.item in $File+"\"")

====================================================================================

Now the issue is, even after changing the device.type as computer, I keep getting the services related to bizservice after clicking on the search button beside the Afftected Service field.

Any idea on this issue? Help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: Edit query in Links

Jump to solution

Ok so after a long search and experimenting with different forms, fields and typeof queries, finally I got the result.

To change the affected service type in the INTERACTION form one has to edit the affected.item in SD.update.interaction Link. Changed the device.type default value(bizservice) to another device.type Computer. 

Worked like Charm.

@Tomkool thanks forall your help. However editing the affected.item in probsummery will only change the device.type in an INCIDENT page.  

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
7 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. tomkool007 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution
I did on my system its working fine, i have done this on probsummary table

use this query
$query="logical.name=\"New Request\""
Best Regards,
Tom
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion,

Let me explain what I have created,

Link File: probsummary

Source Field name: affected.item
if ($fill.skip.master=true) then ($fill.skip=true;cleanup($fill.skip.master))
$query="device.type=\"computer\""
if (not null(affected.item in $File)) then $query+=(" and logical.name#\""+affected.item in $File+"\"")

Source Field name: affected.service
$query="logical.name=\"computer\""

Saved.

However the issue still exists.

Do you have a screenshot? It will of great help to me.

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Best Regards,
Tom
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi thanks,

I have also created the same thing. Please have a look. Is there any field or option that I need to edit?

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes

Jump to solution
looks fine, I have created "New request" under bizservices,,Where have you created "computer" record..I mean which type are you using network component,bizservice etc..Now save it log out from SM ...try to fetch the record
Best Regards,
Tom
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Business Service(bizservice) is an OOB default CI type. Computer is also an OOB CI type. "Computer" is alreay defined as a CI type in Service manager. Changing the affected.item query in probsummary have populated search results related to computer when I click on the Affected Service search button of the INCIDENT page.

But the real issue is how and where do I change the query, so that clicking on the "affected service" search button in the INTERACTION page, will populate results realted to the Selected CI type(In my case its Computer).

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Ok so after a long search and experimenting with different forms, fields and typeof queries, finally I got the result.

To change the affected service type in the INTERACTION form one has to edit the affected.item in SD.update.interaction Link. Changed the device.type default value(bizservice) to another device.type Computer. 

Worked like Charm.

@Tomkool thanks forall your help. However editing the affected.item in probsummery will only change the device.type in an INCIDENT page.  

Regards,

Sanjeev

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.