Super Contributor.. EvskiL Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Editing WebTier Forms - Form Designer in Service Manager or WebTier Files?

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

I am looking to make some changes to a couple fields on a the ESS portal, like removing the Telephone option for users., and maybe some future ones on the Index.do side of things. 

Would this be done through the Forms Designer or through the actual Website in Apache Tomcat?

If Forms Designer how long does it take for the Form to update before the changes are seen? I made some changes through that and it still shows the old form when I login and attempt to submit a Interaction thourgh ESS.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor.. Ioannis Soukas Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Editing WebTier Forms - Form Designer in Service Manager or WebTier Files?

Jump to solution

Changes in the forms take effect as soon as the changes are saved and the form is reopened.

4 Replies
Highlighted
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

In Service Manager, you can modify forms using form designer using SM windows client, just login as Admin user, type fd in sm command prompt, search for sutiable form, for ex:, ess.sd.open for ess interaction open form, click on design and modify the form as required.

Hope this help

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Honored Contributor.. Ioannis Soukas Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Changes in the forms take effect as soon as the changes are saved and the form is reopened.

Super Contributor.. EvskiL Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for answers!

Interesting, I edited some forms and the changes never saved over if I visit the localhost:8080/ess.do page.

I might have to contact support to see why the changes aren't showing up.

Thanks!

0 Likes
georges7601
Visitor.

Jump to solution

Hi

I would like to add a search button in the Service Center (SSC) to search for individual interactions.  Could you please suggest how to do this? Thanks,

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.