Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Email Stopped Working after a Database Restore

Jump to solution

We had an issue with the Incidents table after changing a field so we did a Database restore. Since it came back up, emails are not sending. The emails are sitting in eventout. SMTPMail is running in System Staus and we have tried restarting the services on the application server with no luck.

This is a huge issue for us so any help would be really appreciated. 

We are on SM 9.33 with PD4

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Email Stopped Working after a Database Restore

Jump to solution

I didn't change anything that I know of but the emails began sending this morning.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution
Does SMTPEmail have a checkpoint file, where it keeps track of the last eventout record it sent? I know scauto had one.

Sent using OWA for iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm not sure. I know we use connect-it and I can see the eventout table. I know exactly when the emails stopped working. When we stopped the service to perform the DB restore.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I didn't change anything that I know of but the emails began sending this morning.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

I've had this happen in the past and it could have been related to the value stored in your RUN\scmail.chk file. For some reason the system stores the 'unique id' of the eventout records in that file. If the value stored is higher than what the system expects, the system will not send out emails. This is my theory please don't take it as fact. This is from my memory of a couple years ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Right.  That's the checkpoint file I was referring to.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.