Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Email show html tags

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am using SM9.33 and html email. things goes well to eventout , I can see the mail body generated correctly . but when I try to view email in outlook , it show full of html tags. 

system originally with scsmtp.exe and plain text email . I just changed notification record to invoke html template . 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: Email show html tags

Jump to solution

Hi, scsmtp.exe only sends text mails and cannot format html mails.

for your mails to be delivered correctly try using java (should be in the online help) mail or connectit. With connectit remember to set the detect html flag on the mail server connection.

If you find this post useful/helpful the Kudo the post by click on star of the post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi, scsmtp.exe only sends text mails and cannot format html mails.

for your mails to be delivered correctly try using java (should be in the online help) mail or connectit. With connectit remember to set the detect html flag on the mail server connection.

If you find this post useful/helpful the Kudo the post by click on star of the post.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Great ! It works with SMTPMail ( agent show in system status ) 

So my next question will be :

1. How about the performance of this Email agent , previous scsmtp.exe can process 10 email / sec stably . I ask this is because my customer system process lots of email (>500 / min)

2. I notice the log output of SMTPMail is close to sm.log , not like scsmtp.exe which can easily show the email progress like below , is there any  switch can generate the simple log like scsmtp.exe  ?

12/12/2015 06:48:31 pid (9600)(12420) Sent email <evsysseq=0000000020126950> to <florentin.aldea@xxx.com>
12/12/2015 06:48:31 pid (9600)(12420) Sent email <evsysseq=0000000020126951> to <iain.p.cooley@xxx.com>
12/12/2015 06:48:31 pid (9600)(12420) Sent email <evsysseq=0000000020126952> to <madalina.scarlet@xxxcom>
12/12/2015 06:48:31 pid (9600)(12420) Sent email <evsysseq=0000000020126953> to <claudia.leppelt@xxx.com>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Yong,

The HTML email notification in SM you configured is not correct hope...

The HTML mail configuring must be as like this 

In Message tab:-

Msg Class:- HTMLTemplate

Msg No.:- 1 

Arguments:- jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailBody", "IM Update", $L.file, $L.file.save)

condition:- true or "as you like"

notify method: email

recipients:- as you like.

Here there may be mistake done by you will be, in next tab i.e., "Email/Mail Subject line" you may not filled this data

Msg Class:- HTMLTemplate

Msg No.:- 1

Arguments:- jscall( "htmlemailtemplates.getMailHeader", "IM Update", $L.file, $L.file.save)

Remember, Body in first tab and Header in Second tab.

Note:- If you are configuring Body Argument in 5th line in first tab of your notification, then Header must be called in 5th line of the second tab.

Attached FYR....

Regards,

Kiran

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.